This training is aimed at helping staff and volunteers who work directly with children and/or their families, contribute to the protection of children at risk. It offers progression from our Introduction to Child Protection training, to give more in depth knowledge and understating in relation to identifying child protection concerns to help participants:
- Be familiar with the nature and prevalence of abuse and neglect and the potential impact of specific issues on children’s wellbeing.
- Understand the differences between a child in need and those in need of protection, and how to act upon concerns
- Know what to do to support children in line with Getting It Right for Every Child
- Know how to effectively observe, record and report concerns about children
- Be able to contribute to the assessment and management of risk within families
Participants should be familiar with A&B’s interagency child protection procedures before attending:- West of Scotland Child Protection Proceduresare available as a web based document at: http://www.online-procedures.co.uk/westofscotland/
Please note our child protection training is progressive i.e. you should have completed Introductory level child protection training first before attending this training (either from your own organisation, multi-agency training or online).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Identifying Concerns is targeted at the Specific Contact Workforce*, which is people who carry out direct work with children, young people and/or other family members:
It is particularly relevant for staff whom:
- Have a role in protecting children and promoting their well-being
- May provide ongoing support to individual children and/or their families
- May be asked to contribute to assessments of children, including assessments of risk.
- May be required to support the development and delivery of a Child’s Plan or Child’s Protection Plan
All Argyll & Bute interagency training courses are free. Those unable to attend must advise us on 01546 604167 in advance. A £30 administration fee applies to all those who fail to attend without notice.
When & Where
Wednesday 14th November 2018 Whitegates Training Room Lochgilphead (9:30am - 3:30pm)