This half day training course helps practitioners working with children and young people consider risk and vulnerably from online activity within their universal assessments.
The training aims to give participants increased knowledge, understanding and confidence of:
- Some key facts, statistics and research about internet and mobile technology
- How the internet and mobile technology are used to target, groom and abuse young people
- Assessing risk and protective factors within the GIRFEC universal assessment framework in relation to the individual child, parenting capacity and the child’s wider world.
- Considering how risks can be reduced
- Signposting you to some of the resources that can be accessed and used by young people, parents and professionals
TO BOOK A PLACE:
Please book online at http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-training-programme or email email@example.com. If you wish to discuss course content please contact Alex Honeyman, interagency trainer on 07833058953
You will be sent an email a week or so before the training confirming course details. If you don't receive this please get in touch, as there may be time or venue changes you need to know about.
All A&B interagency training courses are free. Those unable to attend must advise us on 01546 604167 in advance. A £30 administration fee applies to all those who fail to attend without notice.