The Argyll and Bute Council Road Safety Team in partnership with DRIVESafe in Argyll and Bute, are pleased to be offering a grant of £75.00 to new drivers completing the Pass Plus Scheme.
Pass Plus is an additional course aimed at new drivers living in Argyll and Bute who would like to further improve their confidence and driving skills after passing their practical test. It was designed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) with the help of insurers and the driving instruction industry.
The Scheme consists of six hours extra training covering driving:
- In town
- In all weather
- At night
- On dual carriageways
- On motorways
- On rural/single track roads
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your driving skills further in these areas and the chance to gain cheaper car insurance. It will teach you how to anticipate and plan for all kinds of hazards and help you become a more confident driver.
How the Scheme Works
- Book your lessons with a Pass Plus registered instructor – Please note driving instructors charge varying rates for Pass Plus depending on location. There is a list of all the Approved Driving Instructors offering Pass Plus in Argyll and Bute below.
- On completion of the course you will receive a Pass Plus Certificate from the DSA.
- Complete the Pass Plus Application Form - you can do this by completing our online application form, and attaching a copy of your certificate, or by downloading the application form and either emailing with a copy of your certificate attached to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending it by post to Argyll and Bute Council, Road Safety Unit, Whitegates Offices, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8SY.
- You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire giving feedback on your experience of Pass Plus.
- You will receive a BACS payment for £75.00.
Helensburgh and Lomond
Mid Argyll, Kintyre and the Islands
Kim Graham's Driving School
Oban, Lorn and the Isles
If you are a driving instructor and would like your details added / altered on the above list - then please contact email@example.com