What is Rothesay TH?
The Rothesay Townscape Heritage (TH2) is a jointly funded grant programme focussing on the regeneration of historic buildings as well as traditional skills training and community engagement. Rothesay TH is part funded by the Scottish Government, The European Community Argyll and the Islands LEADER Programme 2014-2020, Historic Environment Scotland, Heritage Lottery Fund, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Smarter Choices Smarter Places, and Argyll and Bute Council.
How much money is available?
The total grant fund available is just over £2million.
Further to the successful delivery of a Townscape Heritage Initiative between 2011 and 2016, Argyll and Bute Council recognise the need for greater economic development and regeneration activities within Rothesay. Rothesay TH2 will complement the prior investment and link all of the regeneration activity within the town by investing in Victoria Street and Montague Street. The main elements of the Rothesay TH are to:
- Make an improved and lasting difference to the town centre
- Safeguard Rothesay's historic seafront buildings
- Encourage people to take an interest and get involved in their townscape cultural heritage
- Support economic and social enhancement
- Improve the long term approach to property maintenance
- Enhance skills in traditional building technique and use of materials