We have 2 pools for our customers to enjoy:
Our teaching pool is perfect for parents with young children. It is ideal for splashing around or learning your first strokes!
Our main pool is 25m long, making it a great place for a nice relaxing swim or a workout. It also caters for a variety of fun activities such as kayaking, water aerobics, children’s fun sessions and much more.
Riverside Pool is also the home of Dunoon Amateur Swimming Club.
Swimming Lessons are back!
Just a reminder that Swimming Lessons started back on Monday 7th August. If you pay by Direct Debit, your monthly payments will continue as normal and your child will remain in their current class unless previously advised. However, if you have opted to pay for 10 sessions then please remember you will need to rebook and pay to secure your child’s place in the lesson scheme.
As we live in an area that is surrounded by water, swimming is a skill that every child should have the opportunity to learn as it could save a life - your own! Swimming is a great activity that can be enjoyed by anyone at any age and it also allows you to enjoy other water based activities throughout your life. We offer lessons for the following groups: Adult and toddler, Rookie Lifeguard, Children aged 3 and over and Adults.
Fancy having a fun birthday party in the water? Why not book a birthday party at Riverside? Birthday parties are held on a Sunday afternoon.
We have several activity options to choose from:
Toys: With this option, your child can enjoy the use of all our large inflatable rings and other floating toys.
Inflatable: Kid Commando – can your child beat our dual lane assault course? Children race against each other to beat the obstacles and make it to the end first. Please note: children must be aged 8 and over to use the inflatable.
For an added bit of excitement, you can add the use of the flume to any of the above packages.
An adult over 16 must accompany children under 8 years of age in the water and there must be the following ration of adults to children:
- 1 adult to every 2 children under 8 years of age
- To use the inflatable, children must be aged 8 years and over and be able to swim 50m (2 lengths) of the main pool on their front
- Children will be asked to demonstrate this ability on the night of the party before they are allowed on the inflatable
- Any child who is under 8 years of age or who is unable to swim 50m of the main pool will be asked to remain in the teaching pool during the inflatable party session
- The flume and inflatable cannot operate at the same time, therefore, if you choose this option, the inflatable will operate for 30 minutes followed by the flume for 15 minutes.