Council Car Park
Development opportunity in Town Centre.
The Council is seeking a development partner to assist in the delivery of a new hotel and car parking spaces in Oban Town Centre.
3 sites are available for development across the town centre and we seek proposals to maximise shared profit and parking spaces (see attached Particulars).
Tweedale Carpark is 2,550 sq metres and currently provides 87 parking spaces
Central town location adjacent to all amenities
150 metres to Railway Station
200 metres to Ferry Terminal
Argyll and Bute Council is seeking offers from prospective development partners to assist in the delivery of a new hotel and maximise car parking spaces in Oban Town.
The Council has 3 main car parks in Oban Town all within close proximity and accessible for the ferry terminal, retail, restaurants and train station (see plan attached within Particulars).
We wish to maximise the economic return from our land holding by redeveloping one or more of our car parks for a hotel, multi-storey car park or similarly related operation. A key outcome shall be the creation of a long term property investment for the Council & partner with the protection or enhancement of current parking availability. Long term lease or profit share is favoured. It is not the Council’s preferred option to sell off its land assets.
The Council shall contribute land and may also invest capital to the project as part of a profit share agreement.
Prospective partners are invited to submit a proposal for delivery across 1 or multiple sites as they see fit to maximise the benefits. Details should include the proposed structure of any agreement, timescales for delivery and projected returns. We are willing to enter into confidentiality agreements as necessary.
2,550 square metres and provides 87 parking spaces.
Prime town centre site that slopes east to west with exposed rock to rear of the site. Street has existing mixed residential and commercial use in common with other parts of Oban
Surrounding buildings vary significantly and between 2 and 4 storeys. Some adjacent buildings windows overlook the site. The large size of site could accommodate a variety of uses and building forms. Listed building to north (Congregational Church)
The site is freehold and clean title. There is a Scottish Gas Board installation immediately to the west of the site.
Accessed from one way street (Tweedale Street). Car park is well used.
Site was a gas works from 1871 to 1966. Full site investigation required with likelihood of mitigation. Existing car park acts as a cap but construction would most likely require excavation to provide foundations depending on nature of construction and design of new building.
100m from Oban transit berthing facility.
Instructions for offers:
Offers in Heads of Terms format should be submitted to HEAD OF GOVERNANCE AND LAW, ARGYLL AND BUTE COUNCIL, KILMORY, LOCHGILPHEAD, ARGYLL, PA31 8RT in an official Council tender envelope. If you do not have an official envelope then please contact 01436 658957.
Two copies of the offer and supporting documentation should be provided.
Heads of Terms Offers can also be made via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The key outcomes which the Council is seeking are as follows:
- The Council is keen to maximise the economic return from any developments preferably from a long term lease or profit sharing agreement rather than an outright sale;
- Any developments should not materially reduce the number of town centre car parking spaces available for the public and ideally should enhance the current provision;
- Proposals should take into account the traffic flows around the centre of Oban and should seek to minimise any adverse impact from the development; and
- The development should enhance the local area and any designs should recognise the character of the surroundings in consultation with Argyll & Bute planning section.
Bidders should note the following information will be required;
Bidding Parties Name along with;
- Details of proposed scheme across one or multiple sites - including the nature of the proposed use and the proposed operation of the development;
- Statement on the impact on car parking numbers
- Confirmation of the proposed structure of the agreement (ground lease, sale or joint venture) including management of parking spaces;
- Details of the expected budget / investment, income profile and financial information relating to the project (treated in confidence);
- Information on the projected timescales for delivery and projected returns;
- Development layout - including development coverage, indicative massing and heights, unit numbers, vehicle movements;
- Clawback and overage provisions together with any additional conditions;
- Evidence of Board approval (where applicable);
- Evidence of Financial status/backing and deliverability including details of similar previous projects which have been successfully delivered;
- Any other relevant information relating to associated social, economic, environmental or community benefits; and
- Legal representative details.
Please note that any offers should be submitted in the format prescribed above and before the closing date. Any offers submitted out-with the required format and/or after the closing date may not be considered.
Please note Argyll & Bute Council is not bound to accept the highest, or indeed, any offer. Interviews may be held after the closing date.
|Particulars - Tweedale Street Car Park||3.24 MB|