Former Cabman's Rest
Isle of Bute
CLOSING DATE - FRIDAY, 29th APRIL 2022 at 12 NOON
- Hot Food Outlet Opportunity
- Prominent Location within the heart of Rothesay
- The property is served with mains electricity and water services
- Consent for Class 3 - Food and Drink Takeaway
The Council are seeking offers of lease for the former Cabman’s Rest, The Esplanade, Rothesay, Isle of Bute.
This unique kiosk occupies a prominent location within the heart of Rothesay located next to Rothesay Marina, within the Winter Gardens, directly next to the ferry terminal and waiting bays and is ideally positioned for tourist footfall.
The property extends to 16.1 sq.m. or thereby and is in need of upgrading.
The kiosk is category ‘C’ Listed and sits within the Rothesay Conservation Area. The kiosk currently has consent for Class 3—Food and Drink Takeaway.
Interested parties should take note of planning policies within the Argyll and Bute Local Development Plan.
The property is served by mains electricity and water services.
No guarantee can be given as to the suitability of the services or their condition for future use.
The kiosk has a Rateable Value of £1,100.
Interested parties are free to conduct viewings of the property by prior arrangement with the Estates Section only. All parties viewing should note that they enter the property at their own risk and undertake to free and relieve Argyll and Bute Council of any claim arising from entry to the property.
Tel: 01436 658957
Instructions for offers:
Offers should be submitted by email to:
Please note that due to current restrictions, Argyll and Bute Council can only accept email offers.
Any offers should be submitted before the closing date of Friday, 29th April 2022 at 12 noon. Any offers submitted after the closing date may not be considered.
Bidders should note the following information will be required:
- Offer of rent per annum (in figures and words);
- Duration of lease being sought;
- Bidding party’s name;
- Evidence of Financial status; N.B The Council may request agents to carry out a credit check. The Council may not consider offers from parties in circumstances where parties hold outstanding debt with the Council.
- Any other relevant information; and
- Legal representative details if contracted.
Prior to submitting an offer you are strongly recommended to take appropriate professional advice.
Any offers received will be the subject of a report to the Departmental Management Team, Local Area Committee or Full Council.