Your Personal Data
What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted as follows:
Address: Iain Jackson, Governance and Risk Manager, Argyll and Bute Council, Governance and Law, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Email: Iain.Jackson@argyll-bute.gov.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01546 604188 or 01546 605522
The information will include details such as your name, address, e-mail address, job title
However in some case we may need to ask you for more personal information which is described in the legislation as Special Category Data or sensitive personal information.
Unless specifically agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’.
Why we need this information?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to processing your application for registration or approval as a Feed Business.
We need to know this information in order to:
- To provide you with the services youhave requested
- To verify your identity where required,
- To contact you by post, email or telephone and
- To maintain our records
If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to provide those services to you. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for delivery of those services.
Our legal basis for processing your information:
- Legal obligation – processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation for approval and registration with the Local Authority under Articles 9 and 19 of Regulation 183/2005 on feed hygiene
What we will do with your information?
In order to provide this service(s), we will share your information with the service / agencies listed below for the purposes specified
- A record of the registration and approval status will be retained and be available to persons enquiring about the registration status of such businesses.
- Other government agencies responsible for the official control of animal feed, e.g. the Veterinary Medicines Directorate’s Inspection and Investigations Team and the Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency.
- Other Council services to help us improve our services
UK or International Data Processing
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom. You should be aware however that your data will be stored on servers located in within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this can be provided by the Data Protection Officer if required.
How long will we keep your information?
We will usually keep your information for a minimum of 2 years from when the license lapses, after this period it will be destroyed under secure arrangements if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. More information on our retention schedule can be provided by the Data Protection Officer if required.
Automated Decision Making
There are no Automated Decision Making systems used for any of the purposes identified
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the lawful basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – see below for details
- to request access to your personal data – please contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to submit a request.
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as far as the legislation permits – please contact the Data Protection Officer and provide details of what data you wish to be rectified or erased.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115