What information do we need?
The information we collect will include details such as:
· First name
· Company name (if applicable)
· Time of arrival
· Time of departure
· Photo Image (visitors only, for ID name badges) – note this is for identification purposes only, no facial recognition technology is used
· Scan codes (inc. RFID & Barcode)
· Email address (only when email notifications required pre-booking or event management)
· Health check for Covid purposes i.e. are you suffering from any Covid symptoms etc.
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted as follows:
Address: Iain Jackson, Governance and Risk Manager, Argyll and Bute Council, Governance and Law, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Telephone: 01546 604188 or 01546 605522
Why do we need this information?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to;
· Notify staff of their visitors arriving in the building and to remind pre-booked visitors of meetings/events
· Adhere to the Covid health related provisions and regulations for Test and Protect purposes
· Ensure the health and safety of the building by minimising infection and harm to staff and visitors
· Electronically sign visitors in/out of the building so that a visitor’s roll is available for fire evacuations
· Allow identification of visitors for security purposes e.g to ensure visitors do not stray into staff only areas
What we will do with your information?
In order to provide this service, your information will be used for the purposes specified;
· Electronically sign visitors in/out of building and to manage their access whilst in the building
· Provide real time information for visitor’s fire evacuations roll’s and COVID-19 purposes
· Visitor invitations (via email) for events and meetings
· Non personalised quantative data can also be taken from the system e.g. visitor traffic numbers
· No third parties will be involved in the processing of this data and no data will be shared with any third-party organisations unless legally required to do so
How long will we keep your information?
Covid regulations currently require the council to retain all personal visitor data for 21 days for Test and Protect purposes and so data will be purged on day 22.
When these regulations are repealed the intention is that data will be purged either when the person signs out of the site (i.e., is no longer required to be on the evacuation list), or during the nightly data purge (whichever is sooner).
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
· to withdraw consent at any time, where the lawful basis specified above is consent
· to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – see below for details
· to request access to your personal data – please contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to submit a request.
· to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
· to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as far as the legislation permits – please contact the Data Protection Officer and provide details of what data you wish to be rectified or erased.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.