What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ in regard to the personal data you provide to us. The Council’s headquarters is at Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT. The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Iain Jackson who can be contacted at the above address or by email at email@example.com or by calling 01546 604188.
For formal responses or if you wish to give us your details so that we can keep in touch with you throughout the process we will collect contact details, which are classed as personal data. The information will include details such as your name, address and/or e-mail address
Unless specifically agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’).
Why we need this information?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to engage with you throughout the preparation of the Community Food Growing Strategy, conducting all related actions in relation to this strategy, including public consultation and comment.
We need to know this information in order to:
- · Provide you with the services we provide in relation to the preparation of this strategy
- · Contact you by post, email or telephone and
- · Maintain our records during the strategy preparation process.
If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to provide those services to you. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for delivery of those services.
Our legal basis for processing your information:
- Public tasks – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council under:
- Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 (S119)
What we will do with your information?
In order to provide this service, comments made regarding the Community Food Growing Strategy will be recorded and stored by Argyll and Bute Council.
When you make a comment on Community Food Growing Strategy your comments are recorded, and Argyll and Bute Council may provide them in relation to a valid request e.g. in response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act. Personal phone numbers, email addresses and signatures will not be displayed.
Argyll and Bute Council may share this data with:-
• Other public bodies as part of consultation in the public interest, including the Scottish Government agencies where we will not share personal data.
• Other Council services (as part of improving our service) will include Environmental Health, Development Management, Roads and Amenity Services and Economic Development and Strategic Transportation, their role is to help us in relation to the Community Food Growing Strategy where we will not share personal data.
UK or International Data Processing
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in Argyll and Bute. You should be aware however that your data will be stored on servers located in within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will we keep your information?
We will usually keep your personal information for 3 months after the Community Food Growing Strategy is formally adopted ( April 2020) after this period it will be destroyed under secure arrangements if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. More information on our retention schedule is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to email@example.com
Automated Decision Making
There are no Automated Decision Making systems used for any of the purposes identified above.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
- to request access to your personal data
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
The Council’s Data Protection Officer will ensure that personal information is handled in compliance with data protection law, contact details are noted in the first paragraph of this notice.
Contact info for Argyll and Bute Council:
The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Iain Jackson who can be contacted at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01546 604188.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: email@example.com
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk
For more details on how we process your personal information visit
If you do not have access to the internet you can contact us via telephone to request hard copies of our documents.