Privacy Notice - Argyll and Bute Outcomes Improvement Plan Consultation
Your Personal Data
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted as follows:
Address: Data Protection, Governance, Risk and Safety Manager, Argyll and Bute Council, Legal and Regulatory Support, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01546 605522
We will only collect personal data about you, including any special categories of personal information (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’) if you choose to provide this information.
Why do we need this information?
You have chosen to communicate with Argyll and Bute Council about a particular consultation matter relating to a statutory obligation. We will only contact you with regard to the information/comments you have provided if you have chosen to provide contact details to participate in a subsequent Focus Group.
The lawful basis for collecting your information in these circumstances is that:-
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
What we will do with your information?
We may share your personal data and feedback to the appropriate service(s) within the Council who are responsible for carrying out an analysis of consultation responses. Your personal data may also be used to contact you to advise on how your consultation feedback has been processed and how it has helped to inform our work. We may also publish a summary of all consultation responses, but these will not contain any personal data.
Your data will be stored on servers located within the United Kingdom. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept secure, and more information on how we do this can be provided by contacting the Data Protection Officer (contact details can be found above).
How long will we keep your information?
Your personal information will only be kept for as long as required following closure of the consultation, up to a period of one year. Your consultation response may be kept for longer, in the event that it becomes part of a file in relation to the specific consultation you have responded to.
More information on our retention policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer if required.
Automated Decision Making
No automated decision making will take place.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent (not applicable)
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – see below for details
- to request access to your personal data (not applicable as personal data will be optional and will not be attributable to an individual)
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract (not applicable)
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as far as the legislation permits (not applicable as personal data will be optional and will not be attributable to an individual)
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL Telephone: 0303 123 1115