Registration of new primary school pupils -
13th to 17th January 2019
Children who reach their fifth birthday between 1 March 2020 and 28 February 2021 should be registered for primary school during the week beginnning Monday 13 January 2020.
Parents should take their children to their local primary school to register during that week, between 10am and 3pm (Monday to Friday). If your child is not already receiving pre-school education in Argyll and Bute, you should bring their birth certificate with you when you register.
Further information, including information on making a placing request and on requesting early entry to primary school, can be found below, or by contacting the Education Department at: Community Services, Argyll House, Alexandra Parade, Dunoon PA23 8AJ (Telephone 01369 704000).
A list of all schools can be found in our schools section on the website, this includes:-
- Gaelic Medium Education
- Denominational Schools
- Non-denominational Schools
Forms and additional information
- Sending your child to school form (includes information about placing requests)
- Registration form for children not already registered with an Argyll and Bute school / nursery
- Information about registering for school in Argyll and Bute
- Placing requests - make an application for a place at a different school from your catchment area
- Placing requests (requesting a place at a different school from your catchment area) - how decisions are made
- Early entry to school information and forms
- Deferred entry to school / additional year of ELC information and forms
- List of schools
- School transport
It is customary for children to attend their local school; however, parents may make a written request to place their child in any school under the management of the education authority. Such a request is referred to as a placing request. Parents / carers wishing to make a placing request should still register their child at their local school during registration week.
Information concerning the authority’s schools and the procedures to be followed in making placing requests is available on our website, at every school and at the Education Offices, Argyll House, Alexandra Parade, Dunoon PA23 8AJ (Tel: 01369 704000). Information in relation to any particular school is available at that school.
Placing requests for session beginning August 2020 should be submitted by 13 March 2020 for primary and secondary schools.
You can find out more about making an application for a placing request here on our website