The Personal Relocation Grant is a discretionary grant of up to £5,000 payable to individuals and households relocating to Argyll and Bute
Argyll and Bute has a lot to offer individuals and families moving to the area. As well as the main towns of Oban, Campbeltown, Helensburgh, Dunoon, Rothesay and Lochgilphead/Ardrishaig, we also have 23 inhabited islands.
As almost 80 per cent of the population lives within one kilometer of the coast, there are plenty of things to see and do and the commute to work is stunning. Attainment levels in our local schools are higher than the national average, and with safe, warm and welcoming communities this is an area ripe to put down roots.
Individuals and families who are relocating permanently to Argyll can apply for up to £5,000 to assist with removal and relocation costs.
How to apply
Check you are eligible
To be eligible for the Personal Relocation Grant, you must be:
- Currently living outwith Argyll and Bute and be permanently relocating here;
- Accepting an offer of employment or Modern Apprenticeship for longer than one year;
- Able to identify the relocation costs for which you are seeking support;
- 16 years or over; and
- Have no outstanding debts to Argyll and Bute Council.
Gather the information you will need for your application
As part of your application, you must provide the following documentation to allow officers to fully assess your eligibility:
- Evidence of current address (this can be in the form of a bank statement, utility bill or council tax notification, which must be less than 3 months old)
- Evidence of relocation address (if known)
- Evidence of new employment (offer of contract or employer’s letter on headed paper)
- Proof of identification (this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or birth certificate)
- Provide 2 quotes for each item related to removals costing more than £500, and 3 quotes for services costing more than £1,000
- Identify relocation costs. Common costs are removals, storage, monthly rent, Council Tax, electricity, gas and broadband. You can assign approximate costs for each item at application stage.
Apply online or download and complete the application form
You can apply online through link above. We encourage you to carefully read our guidelines for eligibility and the terms and conditions of the grant, which can be found at the bottom of the page, before submission.
Alternatively, you can download the application form above. Your completed application form and supporting documentation can be electronically submitted to or posted to the following:
Post: European Team, Argyll and Bute Council, Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre, 38 East Clyde Street, Helensburgh G84 7PG
For more information on the Personal Relocation Grant please contact: