Time is running out to get your nominations in for this year’s Argyll and Bute Sports Awards.
The awards are run by Argyll and Bute Council, in partnership with sportscotland, and aim to celebrate and reward the hard work and achievements of athletes, coaches and volunteers throughout the area.
The awards have seven categories as follows:
- Adult Youth Coach – for a coach who has made an outstanding contribution to the introduction or development of sport for young people under 18.
- Young Coach – in recognition of a young coach’s contribution to sport in school or community club. Open to volunteers aged 12 to 25 who have demonstrated their enthusiasm and commitment over the past year.
- Primary Young Leader – in recognition of contribution to primary schools sports clubs. Open to volunteers who were primary school pupils in academic year 2016/17.
- Community Coach – for a coach who has supported the development and/or performance of athletes or teams and who has significantly increased or improved the sporting opportunities available.
- Club of the Year – presented to a club that has made a significant impact on or contribution to the development of community sport.
- Service to Sport – in recognition of outstanding contribution to sport in Argyll and Bute over a long period of time, who has shown considerable commitment to sport and who can demonstrate the impact they have made to individuals and the wider community.
- Sporting Achievement of the Year – for a team or individual who has achieved considerable success in their chosen sport within a competitive setting.
The Council’s Policy Lead Communities, Councillor Robin Currie, said: “There are a number of unsung heroes across Argyll and Bute who provide a valuable contribution to sport.
“I would urge people to get their nominations in before it’s too late. There are many, many sporting stars across Argyll and Bute who deserve recognition and this is your chance to do that.”
Nominations can be made by completing the entry form at www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/sportsawards
The deadline for entries is Friday 25 August 2017.