Hiring a minibus from the council

exclamation icon
This page contains archived news material that may no longer be accurate. Please bear this in mind when referring to this page or using any information on it to access council services. Read our current news.

Published Date: 

12 Jun 2015 - 11:53

Drivers hiring a mini bus from the council will now be asked to provide a printed copy of their driver record as well as their photocard licence.

This follows changes to the UK driving licence; from this week the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence is not valid and will no longer be issued by the DVLA.

New penalty points will only be recorded electronically, and will not be printed or written on either photocard licences or paper driving licences. Instead this information will be held on the DVLA’s driver record at www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.

Community groups, clubs or organisations can hire council minibuses, if available, and if the organisation has a Section 19 permit and drivers have successfully undertaken the Council’s minibus assessment in the last 3 years.

For more information on changes to the driving licence please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes

More information on using the council’s minibuses is available on our website : http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/community-transport