Late hours catering licences required from 1 October

exclamation icon
This page contains archived news material that may no longer be accurate. Please bear this in mind when referring to this page or using any information on it to access council services. Read our current news.

Published Date: 

5 Sep 2012 - 10:28

Premises and traders selling any type of food or drink between 11pm and 5 am now need a Late Hours Catering Licence from 1 October 2012.

All those affected by the change in the law are encouraged to apply for the new licence as soon as possible. If the application is lodged before 1 October, the premises can continue trading during the affected hours until a decision is made on their application.

The late hours catering licence is not needed for premises licensed to sell alcohol under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 or premises being used in line with a public entertainment licence, during the hours covered by the liquor or public entertainment licences.

 Chair of the Planning, Public Services and Licensing Committee, Councillor Sandy Taylor said, “We are expecting an increase in the number of premises needing late hours catering licences as a result of this change and I urge people to organise themselves as quickly as they can. Application forms and guidance notes are on the council’s website is a criminal offence to operate if you need a licence.”