In this busy museum, situated behind the Castle, you can experience the archaeology, history and natural history of the Isle of Bute.
1st April through to 30th September inclusive -
- Monday to Saturday 10.30 am until 3.30pm
- Sundays 1.30pm until 3.30pm
1st October to 30th November (Closed in December and January for routine maintenance)
1st February until 31st March
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday 1.30pm until 3.30pm
- Adults £4.00
- Concession £3.00
- Children under 16 (accompanied by an adult) Free
- An extensive display of bird and island wild life and a wild flower display throughout the summer.
- The exhibits cover every period of Bute's history from early stone tools to Clyde steamers and include a collection of paintings and photographs of Rothesay.
- Young visitors will enjoy the touch table, small aquarium, toddlers' case and the free museum quiz.
- An interesting range of souvenirs, gifts and books are available from our gift shop.
Tel: 01700 505067
Email: Bute Museum