The Council considered a report which provided an update on the Rural Growth Deal.
1. noted the confirmation announcement made by UK and Scottish Governments to support Argyll and Bute Council’s Rural Growth Deal by investing £25million each;
2. approved a delegation to the Chief Executive, to continue negotiations with UK and Scottish Government Officials;
3. delegated to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader, Depute Leader and Leader of the Opposition, agreement of the Heads of Terms;
4. noted that the final Heads of Terms Agreement will be signed by the Leader, as a commitment by the Council to achieve full implementation of the Argyll Rural Growth Deal; and
5. delegated decision making in relation to the Rural Growth Deal, including agreement of governance arrangements, to the Policy and Resources Committee.
(Ref: Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Development and Economic Growth dated 30 October 2019, submitted)