Venue: COMMITTEE ROOM 1, KILMORY, LOCHGILPHEAD
Contact: Hazel MacInnes Tel: 01546 604269
The Chair advised of a request from 2 colleagues under Standing Order 22.1 to speak and vote on item 3 of the agenda. He advised that he was declining their request to vote due to the strategic nature of the item and the fact that it was not Ward specific but would allow them to speak on the item.
The Chair advised that, due to a delay with his ferry, Councillor MacDougall would be arriving to the meeting late.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Vivien Dance, Duncan MacIntyre and Ellen Morton.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were none intimated.
Report by Interim Head of Strategic Finance
The Policy and Resources Committee, at its meeting on 18 December 2014, considered papers on the delivery of the Single Outcome Agreement, including the budgetary outlook which estimated a funding gap of up to £37.5M. At that meeting the Committee agreed the Service Choices approach that plans for estimated funding reductions by aligning the available budget with Council priorities.
The Committee considered a report which sought agreement of initial savings targets for Council Services, as part of stage one of the process, to enable officers to explore options and to report back to the Committee in June 2015.
Councillor MacDougall joined the meeting at 11.05 am.
The Committee adjourned from 11.45 to 11.55 for Members to consider a possible Motion which had been tabled by Councillor Dick Walsh; and to allow for the preparation of a possible Amendment to that Motion.
1. To note the recommendations contained in the report by the Interim Head of Strategic Finance
2. To establish a Project Board, consisting of 12 Members, to identify options for taking forward Service Choices, the Project Board to comprise 12 Members, 8 Administration and 4 Opposition, the Chair of the Project Board to be Leader of the Council and with the Trade Unions being invited to nominate 2 representatives on the Project Board
3. To amend the table at paragraph 4.4.1 of the report as follows:-
4. That the Project Board established in terms of recommendation 2 above is tasked with producing options to be presented to a workshop for all Elected Members to consider
5. That the outcomes from the said workshop be reported to a special meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee in October 2015
6. That the special Policy and Resources Committee meeting in October 2015 make recommendations, to be considered at a special meeting of the Council, also to be held in October 2015 in respect of (a) detailed savings proposals to go out to public consultation and (b) any savings options which could be approved before February 2016
Moved Councillor Dick Walsh, seconded Gary Mulvaney.
Moved Councillor Sandy Taylor, seconded Councillor James Robb
On a show of hands vote the Motion was carried by 9 votes to 4 and the Committee resolved accordingly.
(Reference: Report by Interim Head of Strategic Finance dated 26 March 2015, submitted)