Venue: BY TEAMS
Contact: Stuart McLean Tel: 01436 658717
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
An apology for absence was intimated from Councillor Jim Lynch.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest intimated.
Minutes of the Short Life Working Group on Political Management Arrangements of 22 December 2021.
The Minutes of the Short Life Working Group held on Tuesday 22 December 2021 was approved as a correct record.
Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Legal and Regulatory Support
The Short Life Working Group considered a report which provided an outline of the work undertaken by the SLWG and highlighted the areas which had been taken into consideration during the discussions. The report was before the SLWG for discussion and for recommendation to the Council.
1. The Short Life Working Group agreed to the following sections of the report as follows.
· 4.4.1 to 4.4.4 - agreed.
· 4.5.1 – agreed and add/amend wording:- the new Council may wish to give consideration to the scale and remit of the Community Services Committee with regard to synergies and linkages to Education, the Health and Social Care Partnership and Live Argyll.
Add a third bullet point with regard to the scrutiny of Police Scotland and Scottish Fire and Rescue and Live Argyll.
· 4.5.2 – agreed and add/amend wording:- public question time should operate on a standardised approach which is distinct from the powers that members have to raise motions or urgent motions at area committees.
· 4.5.3 – agreed.
· 4.5.4 – agreed.
· 4.5.5 – agreed and add/amend wording:- consideration should be given to how other strategic and local committees address rural matters as part of their remit and consideration could also be given to a sounding board mechanism for rural issues similar to the Islands Forum.
· 4.5.6 – agreed.
· 4.5.7. – agreed and to make the following alterations to the draft timetable for meetings in 2022/23:
- Add 19th and 26th May 2022 as provisional dates for the first meeting of the new Council.
- add a PPSL Committee meeting to the end of May, and
- Helensburgh and Lomond Area Committees to be held on Tuesdays.
2. The Short Life Working Group further agreed that the final amended report would be circulated to all members and assuming there were no further issues arising, this would be the final meeting of the SLWG.
(Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Legal and Regulatory Support dated January 2022, submitted)
Briefing note by Executive Director with responsibility for Legal and Regulatory Support
The Short Life Working Group considered a briefing note which highlighted the arrangements that other authorities have in place to consider rural issues.
The Short Life Working Group discussed and noted the note on Rural Issues.
(Briefing Note by Executive Director with responsibility for Legal and Regulatory Support, submitted)