Agenda and minutes

Venue: Cove Burgh Hall

Contact: Samantha Somers, 01546 604464 

Items
No. Item

1.

WELCOME AND APOLOGIES

Minutes:

Apologies were received from:

 

R McNeil – Police Scotland

 

2.

MINUTE OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING OF THE HELENSBURGH AND LOMOND AREA COMMUNITY PLANNING GROUP HELD ON 8TH AUGUST 2019 pdf icon PDF 68 KB

Minutes:

The minutes were approved as a correct record.

 

3.

GOVERNANCE - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR pdf icon PDF 83 KB

Minutes:

Samantha noted thanks on behalf of the Group to Stuart McLean of Scottish Fire and Rescue Service for taking the role of Chair for the past 3 years.  Stuart has now moved to a new role within Scottish Fire and Rescue.  During the 3 years there was noted increase in the attendance at the Group and that the movement of meetings to various locations has worked well and encouraged this.

 

As Stuart has resigned as Chair a new Chair and Vice Chair would require to be elected.  The key points for consideration in this were:

 

·         The Chair and Vice Chair of the Helensburgh and Lomond Area Community Planning Group will be elected by the members of the group and will be a appointed for a period of 2 years

·         Nominations for the Chair and Vice Chaire positions will be proposed and seconded by Helensburgh and Lomond Area Community Planning Group members.  Each member will have one vote and a simple majority vote will determine the outcome of the election process.

·         The elected Chair, or in their absence, the Vice Chair shall preside over the meeting.  If both are absent, partners will choose a member from the floor to preside.

·         Members should respect the authority of the Chair who will decide matters of order, competency, relevancy and urgency

 

The nominations were:  

 

Laura Cameron - Gibson Hall (Chair)

Albert Bruce – Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (Vice Chair)

 

These were proposed and agreed.

 

4.

CPP MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE pdf icon PDF 92 KB

Minutes:

management committee update

 

Samantha Somers gave an update from the CPP Management Committee held on 18th September with the following points noted:

 

  • It was agreed to change the frequency of the CPP Full Partnership meeting to a minimum of every 2 years instead of every year.
  • Engagement responses received to date on local community action plans were considered and it was agreed to extend the engagement to 31st October 2019.  To date there have been 1548 respondents and Samantha noted her thanks to those who had participated.
  • It has been agreed that all partners should use the hashtags - #abcpp and #abgetinvolved in addition to #abplace2b when promoting the CPP on social media

 

5.

AREA COMMUNITY PLANNING ACTION PLAN

6.

ACTION PLAN TRACKER pdf icon PDF 120 KB

Minutes:

action plan tracker

 

This item will be discussed of table with the Chair and Vice Chair to look at the set up of these and also to look at how to progress the plan going forward and brought to the next meeting.

7.

UPDATE FROM CONSULTATION

Minutes:

Samantha gave a verbal update on the consultation and advised the results would be available in the spring 2020.

8.

COMMUNITY FOCUS

9.

HELENSBURGH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

Minutes:

helensburgh chamber of commerce

Vivien Dance from Helensburgh Chamber of Commerce provided an overview of the Town Audit a recent piece of work commissioned through Making Places Consultation. 

 

This provided a good overview of the results which included showing a strong active voluntary sector and the Tree Conservation Trust trees being awarded the same status as those on Ben Mhor.

 

The CPP were asked to accept the town audit and its findings and think of commerce in the community planning process to support local commerce.

 

Samantha thanked Vivien for the informative update and noted the following:

 

·         Discussed making places report and where it sits

·         Agreed the town audit and to use this with others to provide a joined-up vision

·         Action for all – promote the town audit within their own networks

·         When the document/link has been circulated the action or this will be moved to complete

 

Laura asked that the Chamber of Commerce attend more regularly to these meetings going forward and this was agreed.

10.

UPDATES FROM COMMUNITY GROUPS

Minutes:

Helensburgh Community Council

Living well will be held on 11th January 2020.  Forms for stall holders etc will be sent out.  The aim of the day is to look at and focus on long term wellbeing and activities.  A request has been made for any healthy recipes from school children to be submitted for inclusion in a book to be published further to assessments by experts and the book will be available on the day.

 

GARELOCHHEAD COMMUNITY COUNCIL 

3 Lochs Way – it is being looked at to bring this through the village which will provide a great benefit to hikers etc.  DIO/MOD have been approached to look at agreement for road access.

 

Road chippings are being stored in car parks which is leading them to being closed for unacceptable periods of time.  Garelochhead Community Council are working with the Council to address this.

 

Discussions took place surrounding the vandalism at the head of the loch and the safety factor of road signs etc being covered by bushes on approach to the village.

 

A discussion took place regarding the Helensburgh and Lomond attractions that  are not included in the advertising/maps of where to visit.  It was noted that this would benefit the area.  It was noted that this was an Live Argyll leaflet and was about places to go in Argyll and Bute but it did not include Helensburgh and Lomond

11.

OUTCOME 4: CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE START

Minutes:

OUTCOME 4:  CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE THE BEST  

                         POSSIBLE START

 

Helensburgh Youth Forum provided a presentation on the recent foreign exchange visit they participated in with 14 other young people from Germany.

 

This provided an overview of the exchange both in Scotland and in Germany and also gave an overview of the learning experiences gained by both sets of young people.

 

12.

HELENSBURGH YOUTH FORUM

Minutes:

See above

13.

OUTCOME 5: PEOPLE LIVE ACTIVE, HEALTHIER AND INDEPENDENT LIVES

14.

JEAN'S BOTHY

Minutes:

JEANS BOTHY

Katrina Sayer from Jeans Bothy gave an input on the new Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub in Helensburgh which Enable Scotland are the lead partner for.  The hub provides services to anyone over 16 years of age who wants to improve their Mental Health and Wellbeing.


Referrals can be self or via CPN/Social Work.  To date there are 150 members of which the ratio is almost 50/50 male/female.

 

15.

LIVE ARGYLL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME

Minutes:

LIVE ARGYLL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME

Graham Craig gave an overview of the volunteer programme and what is involved in the programme. Further detail relating to this can be found on the Live Argyll Website at the link here: https://volunteer.liveargyll.co.uk/

 

 

16.

OUTCOME 6: PEOPLE LIVE IN SAFER AND STRONGER COMMUNITIES

17.

GARELOCHHEAD COMMUNITY COUNCIL - CONCERNS OVER WILFUL FIRE RAISING

Minutes:

GARELOCHHEAD COMMUNITY COUNCIL- CONCERNS OVER WILFUL FIRE RAISING

The issue of wilful fire raising within the village which has been ongoing for a few years which is most likely kids that are setting these was discussed.  This appears to be bins mostly but it is the fear of these being near buildings etc that is of greater concern.

 

Neil Shearer Scottish Fire and Rescue Service noted that there had only been one incident of this in the last quarter and that this was indeed a bin against a building.  Neil informed that there is the fire setter intervention programme that can be utilised however this needs to come a s a referral from Police Scotland and to date there have been none received.  Neil also noted that Scottish Fire and Rescue Service are working with schools to deliver an education programme.

 

It was noted by Laura that there had indeed been around 10 to 12 incidents recently but these are not being reported.

 

Albert Bruce noted that he would contact Laura to provide details of all the resources Scottish Fir and Rescue Service have available to them to address these issues however also noted that the community had to take responsibility for reporting these incidents to ensure that there is a full evidence base to provide intervention services.

 

18.

PARTNER UPDATES

Minutes:

SCOTTISH FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Neil Shearer provided an update of figures which show that all figures are falling within the area except for false alarms which are rising.  The Area UFAS Champion within Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is currently working with the schools to reduce this as they are predominately happening within these premises.

 

Home Fire Safety Visits – working towards more referral pathways to target vulnerable people.

 

Programmes currently running are Fireskills Courses, attendance at Community Council Meetings, CPR Training for the Community and Community Groups, and carrying out Bonfire talks in schools in lead up to November 5th.

 

COMMUNITY LEARNING

An update on what Community Learning provide as a service and a guide to this was distributed to all for information.

 

A note of thanks was recorded to partners who are currently providing venues for use.

 

GARELOCHHEAD STATION TRUST

An update of events was provided namely:

·         PSY Volunteers joint tea dance was held

·         An invite has been received to Saltcoats to participate in their Remembrance Day

·         Veterans Foundation Funding application has been successful

·         One of 3 projects supported by the Co-op Community Members Programme for 2020/2021

 

DUNBRITTON HOUSING ASSOCIATION

It was noted that 70 new houses will be built by the Association but no dates as to when.

 

LOCH LOMOND AND THE TROSSACHS NATIONAL PARK

The following points were noted:

·         Climate Action with Landowners – invites to Community Councils etc with National Park locations

·         Litter and waste reduction summit in March – Zero Waste Scotland etc will be in attendance all welcome

·         Woodland Strategy ongoing

·         Core Path Plan ongoing

·         Youth Forum developed

·         Wild Park Programme ongoing

 

ARGYLL & BUTE COUNCIL (COMM. DEV)

Kirsty noted that the Supporting Community Fund applications were now open and that groups can apply for up to £2500.

 

19.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 6th February 2020, Location TBC

Minutes:

Thursday 6th February 2020, Arrochar Three Villages Hall at 10:00am

 

POST MEETING NOTE

Graham Craig of Live Argyll had been in contact with Sephton regarding the Live Argyll Leaflet that did not include Helensburgh and Lomond as part of the areas to go in Argyll and Bute.

 

An e-mail has been received to clarify that this was infact a leaflet produced by Wander Argyll and not Live Argyll.

 

Please note that Wild About Argyll is not part of Live Argyll and is undertaken by the Argyll and Isles Tourism Alliance.