Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Customer Support Services
The Council gave consideration to a report inviting the establishment of an Appointments Panel for the Head of Financial Services. The report also invited the Council to note the progress in relation to four other Chief Officer positions.
The Council –
1. Appointed the Leader and Depute Leader as substantive members from the Administration with Councillor Aileen Morton and Councillor Andrew Vennard as substitute members; and appointed Councillor Sandy Taylor from the Opposition with Councillor Jim Findlay as a substitute member, to the Appointments Panel for the Head of Financial Services
2. Agreed the appointment of Kirsty Flanagan as the Council’s Chief Financial Officer in terms of paragraph 4.4.3 of the submitted report.
3. Noted the recruitment for the position of HSCP Chief Officer was moving forward.
4. Noted the Appointment Panel for the position of the Head of Education, Lifelong Learning and Support had been agreed and was moving forward.
5. Noted that the Appointment Panel for the Head of Children and Families, and HSCP Head of Finance and Transformation had been agreed.
(Reference: Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Customer Support Services dated 25 February 2021, submitted)