Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
A paper providing the Committee with an update on the refreshed Scottish Attainment Challenge (SAC) which is supported by funding through the Attainment Scotland Fund was considered.
The Committee agreed:
1. to commend the very good progress towards achieving the 2022-2023 stretch aims and the draft stretch aims developed for period 2023-2026 as required by the Scottish Attainment Challenge;
2. to note the update on 2023 Scottish Government Pupil Equity and Strategic Equity Funding;
3. to note the provision of strategic guidance at Scottish Government and Authority levels to support the implementation of the Pupil Equity Funding and Strategic Equity Funding;
4. with the content of the Argyll and Bute Strategic Equity Funding Plan ‘SEF Plan 2023-26: Tackling the Poverty Related Attainment Gap in Argyll and Bute’; and
5. that a further update on the Scottish Attainment Challenge would be presented to a future meeting of the Community Services Committee.
(Reference: Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Education dated 30 July 2023, submitted)
Publication date: 28/08/2023
Date of decision: 24/08/2023
Decided at meeting: 24/08/2023 - Community Services Committee