Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council considered a report which asked members to endorse the Oban Business Improvement District (BID) ballot submission and to note the Draft Business Proposal Term Three, in support of the ballot.
The Council –
1. Noted the ballot request and the BID4Oban Draft
Business Proposal, Term Three.
2. Agreed to delegate approval of the ballot request and
final proposal to preserve the veto date of 28th July 2022, to the Executive
Director with responsibility for Development and Economic Growth, in
consultation with the Leader, Depute Leader and Leader of the largest
3. Agreed to instruct the Returning Officer to conduct a
ballot over 42 days in 2022 from Thursday 25 August to Thursday 6 October (‘the
4. Authorised the Executive Director with the
responsibility for Development and Economic Growth to cast the votes on behalf
of the council in favour of the BID.
5. Agreed that the Council will charge £7,956 (incl VAT) per annum, to BID4Oban for administering the levy
charge to businesses in Oban, with charges thereafter increased annually. The
first increase will apply on 31 October 2023 and annually thereafter for the
subsequent term of the BID.
6. Agreed that, if BID4Oban are successful in the ballot,
the Council will pay an estimated £6,120 per annum in levy contributions for
Council properties in Oban.
7. Noted that if the BID group are successful in the
ballot, two representatives from the Council would be requested to sit on the
BID4Oban Board, one Elected Member and one Officer.
(Ref: Report by Executive
Director with responsibility for Development and Economic Growth dated May
Publication date: 06/07/2022
Date of decision: 30/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 30/06/2022 - Argyll and Bute Council