Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, HM Inspectors of Education (HMIE) took the decision to pause all inspection activity on 13 March 2020. In September 2021, HMIE agreed with the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills, the arrangements to resume a programme of scrutiny activities for session 2021-22.
A report setting out this programme and how HMIE will approach scrutiny was before the Committee for consideration.
1. noted the proposed programme of HMIE engagement including Phase One: late September 2021 to December 2021 and Phase Two: February 2022 onwards as detailed in section 3 of the Executive Director’s report; and
2. agreed that the Education Service would resume the arrangements for reporting Inspection outcomes that were in place pre Covid-19 ie –
· details of all inspections carried out on a quarterly basis will be presented to Community Services Committee as a standing item;
· the quarterly report will detail all establishment inspections conducted and published by Education Scotland within that period; and
· that Ward Members will receive copies of school inspection reports for schools within their area as published by Education Scotland.
(Reference: Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Education dated 15 November 2021, submitted)
Publication date: 21/12/2021
Date of decision: 16/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 16/12/2021 - Community Services Committee