Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council considered a report which asked Members to endorse the Isle of Bute BID (Business Improvement District) Steering Group Ballot submission and to approve the Business Plan in support of the Ballot.
The Council –
1. Approved the ballot request, approved the Isle of Bute BID Business Plan and agree to instruct the Returning Officer to conduct a ballot over 42 days in 2021 from Thursday 29th July to Thursday 9th September (‘the ballot day’).
2. Authorised the Executive Director with the responsibility for Development & Economic Growth to cast the votes on behalf of the council in favour of the BID.
3. Agreed that the Council will charge £6,500 (excluding VAT) per annum, to the BID company for administering the levy charge to businesses in Bute, with charges thereafter increased annually. The first increase will apply on 01 March 2022, and annually thereafter for the subsequent term of the BID.
4. Agreed that, if the BID group are successful in the ballot, the Council will pay an estimated £9850 per annum in levy contributions for Council properties on the Isle of Bute.
5. Noted that if the BID group are successful in the ballot 2 representatives from the Council would be requested to sit on the Isle of Bute BID Board; one Elected Member and one Officer.
(Ref: Report by Executive Director with responsibility for Development and Economic Growth dated 12 May 2021, submitted)
Councillors Taylor and Moffat left the meeting at this point.
Publication date: 28/06/2021
Date of decision: 24/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 24/06/2021 - Argyll and Bute Council