Decision Maker: Argyll and Bute Council
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council considered a report which provided an update to the status of the Oban Business Improvement Plan (BID4Oban) financial business plan, term two, 31 October 2017 – 30 October 2022 and the financial contribution to BID4Oban to the operation of the BID over the next five years providing the ballot is successful.
The Council agreed to:
1. Note the instruction given by the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of the Council to not to exercise the council’s veto and to enable the council’s Returning Officer to conduct the ballot, and:
2. Approve the Executive Director of Development and Infrastructure with delegated authority to cast the votes on behalf of the council in favour of continuing the BID, and;
3. That, subject to a successful ballot, over the five year duration of the Business Plan, the council through delegated authority to the Executive Director of Development and Infrastructure will:
4. Provide a contribution of £20k per annum for the next 5 financial years consisting of a direct contribution of £13,450 per annum to the BID4Oban, and;
5. That, £6,500 (excluding VAT) per annum with charges increased annually by CPI based on the increase over the last 12 months from the base in July 2017 will be taken from the direct contribution via an invoice to BID4Oban. The first increase will apply on 31 October 2018, and annually thereafter for the next 5 years of additional financial support to finance the cost of administering the annual levy collection, and:
6. To provide £6,550 per annum for the next five years in terms of the Council’s contribution (based on property holdings) to the annual levy of £145k.
(Ref: Report by the Executive Director of Development and Infrastructure Services dated 13 June 2017, submitted)
Publication date: 02/10/2017
Date of decision: 28/09/2017
Decided at meeting: 28/09/2017 - Argyll and Bute Council