The next elections will take place on 4 May 2017.
Local Councillors are responsible for making decisions on your behalf about local services.
Argyll and Bute Council consists of 11 electoral wards, each represented by three or four elected Councillors.
Councillors are elected using the single transferable vote system. This means voters list the candidates in order of preference.
Notice of Poll - Details of the nominated candidates can be found here.
Information for Candidates
Our candidate guide provides useful information about the area, the Council and the role of Councillors.
Information about the role and expectations of a councillor is available from the Improvement Service website: http://www.localcouncillor.scot/
The nomination period closed at 4pm on 29 March 2017 - please see the full Notice of Poll for details of nominated candidates.
More information and resources for candidates are available from the Electoral Commission.
- Latest time for lodging nomination papers - 4pm on Wednesday 29 March 2017
- Last date for receipt of new applications for the Register - Monday 17 April 2017
- Last date for applications for / amendments to a postal vote - Tuesday 18 April 2017
- Last date to apply to vote by proxy (not a postal proxy) - Tuesday 25 April 2017
- Polling day - 04 May 2017
The full timetable can be found here.