Crisis Grants are provided where an individual is facing a disaster or emergency situation,
and where there is an immediate threat to the health or safety of that individual or their family.
Community Care Grant
A Community Care Grant can be provided to qualifying individuals for the following reasons:
- to enable qualifying individuals who are leaving care or imprisonment to establish or maintain a settled home, where without a grant there is a risk that the individual will not be able to do so.
- to enable qualifying individuals to establish or maintain a settled home after being homeless, or otherwise living an unsettled way of life.
- to enable qualifying individuals to maintain a settled home, where without a grant there is a risk of the individual needing to go into a care institution.
- to enable qualifying individuals to maintain a settled home in a situation where that individual, or another individual in the same household, is facing exceptional pressure.
- to assist a person to care for a qualifying individual who has been released from prison or a young offenders institution on temporary release.