The Fresh Start Scheme offers 100% rates relief for a period of 12 months on certain newly occupied properties if all of the following circumstances are met:
- The property has previously been in receipt of empty property relief for a continuous period of at least 6 months: and
- The property has a rateable value of under £45,000 for applications prior to 31/3/14 or under £65,000 for applications from 01/4/2014; and
- No longer than 12 months have elapsed since the lands and heritages became occupied; and
- When last occupied, the property was used as a shop or office OR the property is intended to be used as a shop or office ; or
- For applications from 1 April 2014 only, when last occupied, the property was used as a hotel, public house, restaurant, cafe or snack bar OR the property is intended to be used as a hotel, public house, restaurant, cafe or snack bar
- No relief will be provided from 01/4/2014 where payday lending is carried out on the premises
Please be aware that for the period that Fresh Start is awarded, no other relief can apply.
The rateable value of your property can be found using the “search for a rateable value” facility at – www.saa.gov.uk or from your rates bill.
Please complete the details below: