Council tax property exemption application – dwelling for elderly or disabled person(s)


In terms of schedule 11 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, and the Council Tax (Exempt Dwellings) Scotland Order 1997 (as amended), a dwelling may be exempt from Council Tax if it falls within the category shown below. This application is for an unoccupied dwelling which is held by a Registered Housing Association/Registered Social Landlord for the purpose of being available for occupation by disabled persons or persons of pensionable age. Exemption may be granted for an unlimited period.

Section 1 Exemption details
All of the following questions must be completed before your application can be accepted Exempt period:
Section 2 Documentary evidence

All applications must be supported by documentary evidence e.g. a letter on headed notepaper confirming the use of the property concerned.

I hereby certify that the information on this form is true and complete. I authorise Argyll & Bute Council to verify the details. If Exempt status no longer applies I undertake to notify Argyll & Bute Council within 21 days of this occurring and understand failure to do so may result in a fine of £50 and £200 on repeated failure to do so.

Data Protection Fair Processing Notice: Argyll and Bute Council, or their agents, will hold information supplied in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, we will use the information you have supplied primarily for the collection and administration of tax. The information may also be used for other legitimate purposes e.g. housing and council tax benefit administration or private landlord registration. This information may also be shared with other Councils, governmental and quasi-governmental bodies. By completing and submitting this form you consent to the use of your personal data including, where appropriate, sensitive personal data. You have a right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. The set fee (where applicable) will be charged. Should you wish to exercise this right, your request must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Argyll & Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RT.

This question is to test whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.