What are these pages?
During the Community Renewable Opportunity Portal’s (CROP) development it became apparent that there is a myriad of advice and guidance on renewable energy already available online. The CROP recognises this and is structured to provide quick access to relevant and reliable information for the reader, whether they are new to the topic or not.
Click on the relevant links below for access to the information or view our matrix to see which renewables might meet your community objectives. We also have a flowchart to give you an indication of the issues you need to be considering.
Who should use these pages?
Anyone with an interest in developing or benefiting from renewable energy projects within the Argyll & Bute Council area including;
- Groups or Individuals looking to develop a community owned renewable energy project in their community
- Community Councils
- Charitable Trusts
- Development Trusts
- Community Interest Companies
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations
- Not for Profit companies
- Industrial Provident Societies
- Social enterprises
- Housing Associations
- Not for profit groups
- Commercial renewable energy developers who wish to work with any of the above organisations