How to pay
Changes are being made to how you pay your council tax.
Since 1 April 2016 you can no longer pay your Council Tax at your local Customer Service Point. However, there are several other easy ways to pay your Council Tax so you can choose the best for you – none of them will take very long to arrange.
There are several ways you can pay council tax:
- Check your account balance
- Make a payment to your account (using a debit or credit card - please note that an additional charge of 2% of the payment is added for credit card payments)
- You will need your Council Tax reference number to register your account and to make payments - you can find this on your bill
Direct Debit -
- Set up direct debit by post, using our simple form
- Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Argyll and Bute Council, Kintyre House, Snipefield Industrial Estate, Campbeltown PA28 6SY
- You can choose to pay monthly on the 1st or 15th of the month, or weekly on a Thursday. You will need your Council Tax reference number to set up or amend your direct debit - you can find this on your bill
- Council Tax is a charge that is calculated on a daily basis. This means that you will have to pay for every day that you are responsible for the property. If you pay monthly, the charge is then divided into 10 monthly instalments starting 1 April to 1 January, with no payments being made in February or March. If a monthly Direct Debit is chosen you then have the option to make payments on the 1st or the 15th of each month.”
On the phone -
- Call 01546 605515 to make a payment by phone using a debit or credit card
- This payment line is now open 24/7 to take council tax payments, just have your council tax reference number ready when you call.
- (Please note that an additional charge of 2% of the payment is added for credit card payments)
At a post office or PayPoint -
- You can use your Council Tax Payment Card to pay at any Post Office or anywhere that there is a PayPoint service
- To find your nearest PayPoint outlet visit www.paypoint.com and type in your postcode