Changes to Services and how we are delivering them
Burials and cremations
Advice to the public is that immediate family only should attend funerals, keeping social distancing rules in place at all times.
Council offices are now closed to members of the public, following government advice on the actions we must all take to stay safe from coronavirus. We would ask anyone therefore wishing to submit documents/applications as hard copies, that this is done either via the Scottish Government Portal or electronically to the appropriate area office detailed below:-
Bute and Cowal Area Office – email@example.com
Helensburgh and Lorn Area Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Argyll, Kintyre and the Islands Area Office – email@example.com
Oban Lorn and the Isles Area Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Standards will no longer carry out site inspections until further advised. Completion Certificates can still be accepted by alternative means of demonstrating compliance. This might include using digital photographs or video, or using remote means to view completed buildings. In other circumstances where these alternative means are not available, it may be that Temporary Certificates of Occupation/Use will be issued with appropriate conditions, providing that evidence provided is sufficient to address safety.
Planning Development Management wants to let our customers know that the council is still receiving planning applications being sent to us. We would however like customers to be aware that – for the moment - the process validating, advertising and issuing decision notices for applications, is taking longer than usual. We are working very hard to keep this disruption to a minimum and will keep people up to date on how things are going.
You can also help us by getting in touch through appropriate channels:
- Viewing planning application details – please utilise Public Access. If you have problems using the online service please use the Planning Enquiries online form, or telephone 01546 605518 for assistance.
- Submission of representations/objections/support to planning applications – please use Public Access, or submit by e-mail to the relevant area office e-mail address (see below). (Hard copy representations will still be accepted but may take longer to process).
- General Enquiries – please use the Planning Enquiries online form, or telephone 01546 605518
- Apply for Planning Permission – Please submit new applications using the e-Planning portal. (Hard copy applications posted to the Central Validation Team will still be accepted but may take longer to process). Correspondence relating to invalid applications should be issued by e-mail to email@example.com
- Pre-application Advice – general advice is available online; where input from planning officers is required then enquiries should be submit using the online form (this is a chargeable service)
- Submission of Casework Related Documentation – submission of documentation relating to casework (supporting information, amended plans, consultation input, details pursuant to conditions etc.) should be submitted by e-mail to the relevant area office e-mail address (see above). (Documentation submitted by post or issued direct to case officers will still be accepted but may take longer to process).
Report an unauthorised development – please use the Planning Enforcement online form, or telephone 01546 605518
Whilst as a service we are well equipped to work flexibly from home, it is anticipated that there may be some disruption due to staff availability and delivery of processes which currently rely on hardcopy documentation, particularly during the initial transition period.