“A huge thank you to all council workers in every realm who are keeping our communities functioning. You are in our thoughts and we are so so grateful.”
This is one of the many comments of appreciation we have received just this week alone for the work employees across this council are doing for our communities.
There is growing understanding about the efforts you are all making to help people who need us. There is also a huge amount of public appreciation, including at Scottish Government level. I want you to know that so I list more of the comments for you to read at the end of this message. Please take pleasure from the praise and the appreciation you will read – you deserve it.
Looking after yourself
I know from speaking with some of you that responding to COVID-19 is feeling harder in some ways as the weeks go on. I can understand that. The volume of work and the pace at which it needs done are demanding. There’s also the fact that when we switch off from work, COVID-19 is still all around us as we all live with the restrictions required to protect ourselves from it.
This situation will end. In fact, the council is already planning for the recovery stage – when restrictions are lifted and our focus switches to back to business as usual, and to building life back up again in Argyll and Bute. I will tell you more about that next week. In the meantime the senior management team is working on returning to business as usual (or close to it) wherever possible.
For just now, please do remember that help and advice are on hand if you need it. You can speak to your manager, you can follow health advice from www.nhsinform.scot, you can contact the council’s employee support service (0800 030 5182).
Please do speak up if you need a helping hand or listening ear at any point. Or if you see a colleague you think needs a kind word, please speak to them. This especially is a time for us all to look out for each other.
Thank you so much for the professionalism, commitment and sheer hard work you are all doing. With us all working together, people in Argyll and Bute have a great council team behind them.
Look after yourself and please do take a minute to read the public’s thanks that follow.
Thanks and appreciation
• You are all doing an amazing job thank you, for all your help and support. Only have praise for all of you.
• We are so grateful for all the help and support that volunteers and the Council are giving us. Whilst we are social isolating, we do not feel alone. Stay well all of you.
• Well done, all of you.
• I just wanted to add my appreciation and thanks to all staff and volunteers working hard on our essential services.
• Thank you to all front line workers
• This is just a short message to say thank you very much for your regular weekly updates. They really are greatly welcomed during these difficult times. The effort that must be going in to providing services on a lighter work force due to those that are affected by coronavirus, is greatly appreciated.
• I would just like to pass on my thanks to everyone who is still working through these very difficult and trying times. Council workers, supermarket staff who are bringing my shopping and all the NHS people for doing what they do best. We are so grateful to you all.
• My husband and I would like to say a big thank you to all the people who are having to work to keep us safe when all we can do to help is stay at home. We both feel we would like to volunteer to help in some way but can’t. All we can do is let all everyone who is out there helping to keep us all safe and well know how very much we appreciate what they are doing and the risks involved in doing it. A great big thank you to all of you. Keep yourself and your families safe and well. Thank you will never be enough to express how we feel. You are all amazing. A great big thank you from both of us. Thank you !!!!!!!!
• Dear Council staff – we all appreciate the hard work that everyone is doing at this difficult time. Thank you so much for doing what you can to ease the refuse collections. We thank you all.
• It makes such a difference to have some form of normality in our lives with their [refuse collectors’] regular enthusiastic, efficient collections. A big thank you
• Pleased to see our bins collected this morning, so important to keep the environment safe and clean. Please pass on to the refuse collectors that they are very much appreciated. And at least there is much less litter in the streets!
• Notes on a bin: you always empty our bins and we want to thank you – best bin man.