Arrangements for return to schools - August 2021
- Letter to parents and carers - 12 August 2021
- Scottish Government - guidance on reducing the risk in schools (updated August 2021)
Arrangements for full-time return of all pupils - April 2021
- Letter to parents / carers - return of all pupils - issued 26th March 2021
- Letter to parents / carers - arrangements for positive Covid test results over the Easter break - issued 31st March 2021
- Schools prepare for reopening after Easter Break - 1st April 2021
- Scottish Government - guidance on reducing the risk in schools
Following Scottish Government guidance, secondary schools fully reopened after the Easter break, on Monday 19 April. Updated detailed guidance from the Scottish Government was published on 24 March and we have updated our risk assessments and procedures in line with that guidance.
Your child’s school will communicate directly with you on individual arrangements that will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our children and young people and staff in schools. This includes communication regarding the asymptomatic testing programme that all school staff and secondary aged learners are encouraged to participate in.
Face coverings will be required to be worn at all times by all pupils and staff in secondary schools. There will be a continued emphasis placed on good ventilation and the use of outdoor learning.
Pupils who travel by school transport will continue to be able to do so.
School meals will be available for all pupils in school at lunchtime, and those entitled will receive free school meals. Direct payments to parents/carers of secondary pupils entitled to free school meals stopped from 18 April.
Additional In-Service days
To support schools with the alternative certification model, the Scottish Government has allocated secondary schools an additional 2 in-service days. In Argyll and Bute it has been agreed that one of these dates will be 27 May with an existing planned in-service day on 28 May. Schools have the discretion to allocate the second in-service day on a date that best suits the needs of the school and this will be communicated directly by individual schools.
Arrangements for pupils and teachers returning to school - March 2021
- Letter to parents / carers - phased return to school - 5th March 2021
- Letter to parents / carers of secondary children - 17th February 2021
- Letter to parents / carers of primary children - 17th February 2021
- Scottish Government guidance - phased return to school - updated 8th March 2021
- Letter to all parents / carers - issued 4th February 2021
- Letter to all parents / carers - issued 21st December 2020
- Letter to all parents / carers of ELC pupils - January 2021
FAQs for schools (26th August) - advice from NHS Highland and Public Health Scotland on testing; children, staff or households showing symptoms or testing positive; contact tracing, and general advice for parents / carers
Information for parents and carers of children using school and public transport to travel to and from school:
This includes information for pupils travelling by bus, taxi, train, ferry and plane, on the use of face coverings, physical distancing, hand cleaning/ sanitising and other specific information for each mode of travel