Guidance for businesses
Guidance for businesses and information about the UK and Scottish Governments’ financial support package is available at Coronavirus support for Businesses in Scotland - Find Business Support. You can search and filter the funding options and guidance available to help your business during the coronavirus pandemic.
We recommend that you keep up to date by signing up to email updates from Find business support in Scotland to get the latest Government funding announcements.
Current support for businesses
Current support announced by the Scottish Government includes the following:
January & February 2022 Funds
All applications have been assessed and payments issued for the following funds administered by the Council on behalf of the Scottish Government:
- December/January Business Support Top-Up – Hospitality Funding
- January Business Support Top up for Hospitality and Leisure
- Public House Table Service Restrictions Fund
- Scottish Brewers Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
The Scottish Government was responsible for setting the eligibility criteria for these grants and the Council did not have discretion to award a grant if you did not meet the criteria. Information about each grant is available at https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/coronavirus-advice
The Scottish Government’s Business Ventilation Fund will help businesses improve ventilation and air quality on their premises to help reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission.
The fund will allow businesses to claim back costs to improve ventilation of up to £2500. Support will target high-risk settings where people come into close proximity, such as hospitality and leisure sectors.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm on 11th March 2022.
The Non-Domestic Rates (Coronavirus) (Scotland) Regulations 2022 specify that 50% RHL relief is available for eligible properties, capped at £27,500 per ratepayer, from 1 April to 30 June 2022. If your property is currently vacant (vacant does NOT include properties in temporary suspended use due to lockdown restrictions) it will not qualify. If your property is already in receipt of 100% Non-Domestic Rates Relief such as Small Business Bonus Relief you should not apply for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief.
From 1st April 2021 Retail Hospitality and Leisure relief must be applied for and we have contacted businesses in receipt of the relief in 21/22 inviting them to apply for the 22/23 financial year. If you have not received an application and believe you may be eligible, please submit an application at the following link:-
If you are struggling to pay your non-domestic rates bill you should contact the Council and ask about your payment options.
Scottish Government funds (administered by the council) now closed for applications
- December/January Business Support Top Up - Hospitality Funding closed 31 January 2022
- January Business Support Top up for Hospitality and Leisure closed 31 January 2022
- Public House Table Service Restrictions Fund - closed 14 February 2022
- Scottish Brewers Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub closure fund
- Discretionary Hardship Fund for Businesses (closed 15th September 2021)
- The Strategic Framework Business Fund - including Restart Grants and Extension Restrictions Fund (closed 22 March 2021)
- Island Equivalent Payments (closed 22 March 2022)
- Small Accommodation Providers Paying Council Tax Fund (closed 22 March 2021)
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver’s Support Fund 21 (closed 25 March 2021)
- Contingency Fund Plus – Support for Brewers, Travel Agents and Indoor Football Centres (closed 31 March 2021)
- Larger Self Catering Properties Fund (closed 9 April 2021)
- Exclusive Use Self Catering Properties Fund (closed 9 April 2021)
- Business Discretionary Fund (closed 16 May 2021)
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund 2021-22 (closed 16 July 2021)
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
If you have applied for one of these Funds and need to contact us please use the email address or telephone number given on our correspondence with you for that particular fund.
If you have a general enquiry please contact us on 01546 605522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Help and advice for your business is available from Business Gateway Argyll and Bute. You can talk to one of our experienced local business advisers, for free and in confidence. If you are based in Argyll and Bute and looking for support to help your business start, survive or grow, we can assist. We can also provide information, guides, workshops, webinars, and signpost funding and useful contacts, tailored to your needs. Online guides, tutorials and further resources are available on the website bgateway.com
page last updated: 05/04/2022