Scottish Government Guidance
- Find information and guidance from the Scottish Government for your business sector.
- Guidance for the tourism and hospitality sector, including procedures for staff and customer safety, and an operations checklist
Guidance for businesses
- Guidance for safe re-opening of business premises - As business premises are brought back into use, it is important to make sure that they are safe and that COVID-19 risk assessments are reviewed. We now know more about the importance of aerosol spread of coronavirus and you will need to ensure that ventilation is properly considered in your risk assessment.
- New rules for non-essential retail businesses - April 2021
- Questions and answers for close contact services
- Top tips to re-open your buisiness safely
- Covid-19 guidance on seasonal workers
- Advice for premises showing Euro 2020 football matches
Guidance for businesses and information about the UK and Scottish Governments’ financial support package is available at Coronavirus support for Businesses in Scotland - Find Business Support. You can search and filter the funding options and guidance available to help your business during the coronavirus pandemic.
We recommend that you keep up to date by signing up to email updates from Find business support in Scotland to get the latest Government funding announcements.
Covid-19 – Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund 2021-22
This fund is available to taxi and private hire vehicle drivers and operators, who have experienced loss of income due to Covid-19
Full details of eligibility, payment amounts and timescales are available here on our website:
Please note: you do not need to apply or contact the council about this Fund – we will contact you directly about this Fund
Scottish Government funds now closed for applications
- The Strategic Framework Business Fund - including Restart Grants (closed 22 March 2021)
- Island Equivalent Payments (closed 22 March 2022)
- Small Accommodation Providers Paying Council Tax Fund (closed 22 March 2021)
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver’s Support Fund (closed 25 March 2021)
- Contingency Fund Plus – Support for Brewers, Travel Agents and Indoor Football Centres (closed 31 March 2021)
- Larger Self Catering Properties Fund (closed 9 April 2021)
- Exclusive Use Self Catering Properties Fund (closed 9 April 2021)
- Business Discretionary Fund (closed 16 May 2021)
If you have applied for one of these Funds and need to contact us please use the email address or telephone number given on our correspondence with you for that particular fund.
If you have a general enquiry please contact us on 01546 605522 or email@example.com
Non domestic Rates relief
Retail, hospitality, leisure and aviation businesses will get 100% rates relief. The Scottish Government have extended the above relief for 12 months until 31 March 22. To qualify for this relief in 2020/21 a property had to have been occupied and trading on 17 March 2020. However, this does not apply for 2021/22 and your property may qualify if it is used wholly or mainly for a purpose set out in in the Non Domestic Rates (Coronavirus Reliefs) (Scotland) Regulations 2021. If your property is currently vacant (vacant does NOT include properties in temporary suspended use due to lockdown restrictions) it will not qualify. If your property is already in receipt of 100% Non-Domestic Rates Relief such as Small Business Bonus Relief you should not apply for Retail, Hospitality Leisure and Aviation Relief.
From 1st April 2021 Retail Hospitality, Leisure and Aviation relief must be applied for and we have contacted businesses in receipt of the relief in 20/21 inviting them to apply for the 21/22 financial year. If you have not received an application and believe you may be eligible, please submit an application at the following link:-
If you are struggling to pay your non-domestic rates bill you should contact the Council and ask about your payment options.
Help and advice for your business is available from Business Gateway Argyll and Bute. You can talk to one of our experienced local business advisers, for free and in confidence. If you are based in Argyll and Bute and looking for support to help your business start, survive or grow, we can assist. We can also provide information, guides, workshops, webinars, and signpost funding and useful contacts, tailored to your needs. Online guides, tutorials and further resources are available on the website bgateway.com
page last updated: 15/06/2021