COVID-19 Building Standards
Council offices remain closed to members of the public, following continuing government advice on the actions we must all take to stay safe from COVID-19. We would ask anyone therefore wishing to submit applications/documents that this is done either via the Scottish Government Portal or electronically to the appropriate area office detailed below:
- Bute and Cowal Area Office – email@example.com
- Helensburgh and Lomond Area Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid Argyll, Kintyre and the Islands Area Office – email@example.com
- Oban Lorn and the Isles Area Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognising the importance for inspection of sites or works prior to the acceptance of Completion Certificates and Temporary Occupation/Use Certificates, our systems have adapted to the challenges of COVID-19. The following options will be considered and the most appropriate one undertaken, namely:
- Physical site inspections
- Remote Virtual Inspections (RVI’s) using Skype where a RVI can be undertaken. This can be done in cases where the Building Standard Surveyor is of the opinion that a virtual inspection can provide the equivalent of a site inspection.
- Provision of certification and other evidence including photographs.
Agents or individuals can require the use of one of the above for their specific warrant, but the final decision on which one is appropriate, rests with the Council.
These arrangements ensure that we can provide a quality of service which meet your needs, whilst protecting public health. They can also reduce response times, where there may be significant travel requirements to visit sites, or resourcing issues.
Whilst as a service we are well equipped to work flexibly from home, it is anticipated that there may continue to be some disruption due to staff availability and delivery of processes which currently rely on hardcopy documentation.