Licensing Standards Monthly Newsletter - December 2022

Covid Sense Signage Scheme

Covid rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland, but the virus has not gone away. Use the Covid Sense Signage Scheme to help protect yourself and others.

Licensing Board Meeting Dates 2023

Here are the Licensing Board Dates 2023.  Applicants should be mindful of last lodging dates and submit their applications in good time.

Licensed Clubs – annual update of connected persons

In order that the Argyll and Bute Licensing Board can maintain an effective overview of office bearers in licensed clubs (Connected Persons) in its area, as required by Section 40A of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, Licensing Standards requests details from Clubs on an annual basis. Contact with Clubs will commence in February 2023 and it is requested that updated details be returned to Licensing Standards by 31st March 2023 by e-mail to  Should there be any other changes to office bearers during the year these should be notified as soon as possible (and within one month) to licensing standards.

Local News – from Argyll and Bute Council

Argyll and Bute has a licence scheme in place for short term lets, as required by Scottish Government legislation.  If you are starting up a short term let business, or are already running one, here is information on what you should do to ensure you are operating legally.

Lochgilphead and Tarbert businesses: have you signed up to the Argyll and Bute gift card scheme? Find out from local business ambassadors how the scheme can benefit you and keep spending local.

Have your say

If you would like a topic on the theme of alcohol licensing included in the Newsletter please send a message to our inbox at

Previous Newsletters

We have a library of previous newsletters providing information and advice on various topics connected to alcohol licensing


Any questions? You can contact licensing standards or the Licensing Board team for further information.


The Licensing Standards service does not provide legal advice or opinion and the above information should not be considered such.  Any legal advice or opinion on licensing matters should be obtained from a licensing solicitor.