The consultation is now closed
Thank you to everyone who replied to our consultation. People have given us their views in different ways. We are now putting responses together so that they can be considered before the budget meeting on 11 February. We will let you know how your responses contribute to decisions made following that meeting. Thank you again.
The consultation period closed on 31st December 2015.
If you have any questions about the consultation, please contact us
The consultation sets out a wide range of ideas for how we might make the savings we must, primarily over the next two years.
The Council has worked hard to find ways in which to transform how we do things and to preserve as many services and jobs as possible. We will continue to be a major employer and we will continue to support all aspects of our communities’ lives.
However reduced funding will mean change for us all. We would ask you therefore to take time to answer this consultation.
The consultation will be available online from 30th October 2015, with printed versions available in libraries and customer service points from week beginning Monday 10th November. The consultation period will end on 31st December 2015.
Facts and Figures
- The Council provides a huge range of services.
- 80% of a council’s funding comes from the Scottish Government.
- Over the next five years our funding is expected to be reduced significantly. Budget estimates show that we will have to bridge a funding gap of between £21.7 and £26 million.
- This means a savings target of around £9 million in both 2016/17 and 2017/18 with further savings in future years.
- The Council has already delivered savings of £32 million over the past six years; and recently agreed a further £1 million that can be made without impact on policy, number of jobs or communities.
- While making savings, we must also continue investing in building a prosperous future for Argyll and Bute.