The aim of Active Schools is to offer all pupils the opportunity to get active and adopt healthier lifestyles.
Active Schools, despite its name, goes beyond the school. It is about the desire to see young people enjoying an active lifestyle, whether that is in the school or as part of the wider community.
The Active Schools Team in Argyll and Bute is responsible for putting in place planned activities in schools and within the community to help encourage children to take part in physical activity and sport.
Volunteers are at the heart of the work in Active Schools. Without their support, the majority of activities would not happen. There are over 600 people, including parents, teachers community coaches and senior pupils, who kindly give up their time to help across a range of sports and activities.
- Are you interested in sport and physical activity?
- Would you like to help make a difference?
- Are you full of enthusiasm and energy?
- Do you have an hour to spare a week?
- Do you enjoy working with young people?
- Would you be willing to participate in local training?
Active Schools will provide on-going guidance and support and in return volunteers will gain an good quality and rewarding volunteer experience.
If you would like to get involved please fill in our application form.