By-Elections were held in two areas in Argyll and Bute to fill vacancies on Community Councils who have requested a by-election. Notices of Election below list the Community Councils that have had a by-election:
The timetable below for the by-election lists the key dates. The Nomination period ran from Wednesday 21 July to Thursday 19 August 2021. Forms were required to be lodged with the Returning Officer by no later than 4.00pm on Thursday 19 August 2021.
Following the close of nominations several individuals were successfully nominated as Community Councillors. Click on the areas below to view the details of the successful candidates.
Notices of Uncontested Elections
- Thursday 1 July 2021 - Register in force
- Tuesday 20 July 2021 - Publication of Notice of Election
- Wednesday 21 July 2021 - Opening of Nominations
- Thursday 19 August 2021 (4.00pm) - Close of Nominations and withdrawal of Nomination Paper (if any)
- Thursday 26 August 2021 - Notice of Poll (if election contested) / Notice of Uncontested Election (if election uncontested)
- Thursday 9 September 2021 - Issue of Postal Ballot Papers
- Thursday 30 September 2021 - Election Day and Final Date for Receipt of Postal Ballot Papers (4.00pm)
- Friday 1 October 2021 - Count of Votes (10.30am Kilmory)