Looking to grow your business?
Business Gateway may be able to provide additional support to help your business grow through the European funded Local Growth Accelerator Programme. This support can include specialist advice and funding.
The Argyll and Bute Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator programme is available to businesses aiming to increase their turnover by £50,000 or more within the next three years. Businesses must be:
- based in Argyll and Bute
- micro, small or medium sized (fewer than 250 employees and less than €50m turnover or balance sheet total of less than €43m)
- not Account Managed by Highlands and Islands Enterprise or Scottish Enterprise
- not operating solely as retailers
By exception, businesses with growth ambitions below the £50,000 increase in turnover may be considered for support where 3 or more of the following apply:
- the growth plan includes innovation and/or exporting out with Scotland
- the business operates in a key growth sector – Tourism, Food and Drink, Forestry, Creative Industries, Energy (including renewables), Life Sciences, Defence and Financial & Business Services
- the growth plan includes job creation – full time additional jobs, paid at least the Scottish Living Wage
- the business will help strengthen the economy within a fragile area or area of employment deficit (as defined by Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
Business Gateway Argyll and Bute will confirm your eligibility for this programme.
If you are eligible for this programme, a Business Gateway adviser will develop a growth plan with you and help you access relevant support.
The registration form for the Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator Programme is available to download here or from the local Business Gateway office. You must register for the programme before you can apply for support.
Application deadline 31 October 2021 or sooner if funds are fully allocated
One to two days of free advice from a subject expert, covering:
- HR: recruiting, managing and developing people
- Growth Strategy
- Business Growth Grant up to £5,000 – Application deadline 31 October 2021 or sooner if funds are fully allocated
- Employment / Graduate Placement Grant up to £12,000 - Application deadline 31 December 2020 or sooner if funds are fully allocated
- Key Growth Sector Grant up to £1,500 for Trade Fair attendance, Training Grant and Accreditation Grant - Application deadline 31 October 2021 or sooner if funds are fully allocated
To find out more about Argyll and Bute Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator Programme or to register for the programme please call the local Business Gateway team on 01546 604555
This support is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the 2014-2020 Structural Funds Programmes.
Between 1 October 2015 and 31 December 2022, the programme will provide specialist advice and grants to eligible SMEs based in Argyll and Bute, to a total programme value of £855,239.
The aim of the programme is to increase the assistance available to accelerate the growth of SMEs in the Argyll and Bute Council area, by extending the scope of Business Gateway support. The operation will engage 142 unique SMEs across the range of activities designed to support growth.