DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 19th JULY at 5pm!!!
BEST OF THE WEST CRAFT BUSINESSES SET TO PITCH FOR SUCCESS
Argyll and Bute Council’s Business Gateway team is again giving the region’s craft and handmade gift businesses the opportunity to showcase and sell their products at the popular Best of the West festival.
Now in its fourth year, the competition invites local businesses to pitch for a free trade stand within the Business Gateway sponsored craft tent. The pitch should include what is special about their venture and why their products would be a good fit at the festival.
The annual Best of the West festival will be held at Inveraray Castle on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th September 2017, with music on the evening of Friday 8th September.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges including festival host the Duchess of Argyll, Fergus Murray, Argyll and Bute Council’s Head of Economic Development and Strategic Transportation and Councillor Aileen Morton, Argyll and Bute Council’s Policy Lead for Economic Development.
How to enter
To enter, craft and handmade gift businesses are invited to describe in no more than 250 words why your craft business and the products you sell represent the ‘best in the west’. You must include a link to relevant websites or social media to support your entry and you can also include up to 5 photographs of your products or if you are feeling brave a film clip of no more than 3 minutes.
Entry is via email to email@example.com. The closing date is 5pm on 12th July 2017. Competition terms and conditions are available below.
For more information on the festival visit www.bowfest.co.uk
Terms and conditions
1.The winners must agree to take part in publicity
2. Business Gateway BOW Festival trade stand winners from previous years are ineligible
3. Entrants who have previously taken a trade stand at BOW Festival are ineligible
4. Entrants must be based in Argyll and Bute
5. Entrants must be available to attend for the full day allocated to them which will be either Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th September 2017 and the business owner must attend in person
6. Craft and handmade gift businesses only are eligible, no services, fresh food products or alcohol can be exhibited
7. Only the named business can attend and the prize is non transferrable
8. No more than three representatives per business can attend, including the business owner
9. Entrants must meet all current legislative regulations relevant to their business
10. Entrants must live in the UK
11. The prize is as stated. No cash alternative
12. Closing date for entries is 5pm Wednesday 19th July 2017. Entries received after this date are ineligible
13. The judges’ decision is final
14. Winners will be notified by email no later than Wednesday 2nd August 2017
15. The competition is not open to Business Gateway employees or their immediate family
16. Business Gateway and Argyll and Bute Council have no liability for any costs incurred by businesses in attending or in the event of cancellation
Some pictures from last year's event: