Applications to the Coronavirus Bed & Breakfast and Small Serviced Accomodation Provider Hardship Fund closed at 5pm on Friday 10th July 2020
This fund can provide a one off grant of £3,000 for Bed & Breakfast and other Small Serviced Accommodation businesses who have not been able to access COVID-19 support through other schemes as a result of their banking status and who are facing hardship as a result of COVID-19. Applications can also be accepted from businesses using a business bank account if not in receipt of other COVID-19 related business grant support from the Non-Domestic Rates COVID Business Support Fund (a Small Business Grant or a Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant) or a Creative, Tourism and Hospitality Hardship Fund Grant.
The fund is administered by Argyll and Bute Council in line with eligibility criteria set by the Scottish Government. The Council does not have discretion to vary from these criteria.
To be eligible to apply you must be able to answer yes to all of the following questions:
- The business operates with a personal bank account rather than a business bank account OR operates with a business bank account but is not in receipt of a Business Support Fund Grant or a Creative Tourism & Hospitality Hardship Fund Grant.
- The business had an active membership, accreditation, registration or listing with a recognised hospitality or tourism agency, representative body or marketing organisation (national or local) prior to March 2020 (This can include a listing on digital or online marketing platforms, such as Booking.com, AirBnB, or a community website. However, this is restricted to only those businesses marketing B&B type provision not holiday, room or property letting)
- At least 35% of your individual income is from the affected business
- Your trading profits for the business were below £50,000 in the financial year 2019-20
- You can provide evidence of active trading up to March 2020 and intend to continue trading in the tax year 2020-21
- You have been in business for at least a year and filed trading accounts for 2018-2019
- You have lost or anticipate losing business this year due to coronavirus and are experiencing or anticipating financial hardship as a result; demonstrated via a personal cash-flow statement to the period end September 2020
- You are not in receipt of other COVID-19 related business grant support from the Non-Domestic Rates COVID Business Support Fund (a Small Business Grant or a Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant) or a Creative, Tourism and Hospitality Hardship Fund Grant. (Applicants are permitted to make use of Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and can be in receipt of Self-Employment Income Support Scheme)
- You do not receive working age benefit payments (Universal Credit, Statutory Sick Pay, Employment and Support Allowance, Job Seekers’ Allowance, Income Support) or have applied for but not yet started receiving Universal Credit or an advanced payment of Universal Credit
- You have taken steps to limit costs and expenditure (for example through schemes such as VAT deferral and seeking a mortgage payment holiday)
- You do not have access to sufficient savings or other sources of income to meet basic needs
- The business operates within the local authority to whom you are submitting this application
Small Serviced Accommodation businesses include Bed & Breakfasts and other establishments offering bed and breakfast services - Guest House, Farmhouse, Inn, Restaurant with Rooms. This fund excludes non-serviced accommodation providers such as self-catering or caravan accommodation.
You will be asked to upload evidence in support of your application. Before you start your online application, please make sure you have a scanned copy or photo of the following available:
- Proof of identity (photographic). This means a valid passport OR driving licence (including provisional licence). If you do not have either of these, non-photographic evidence such as a copy of an original Birth Certificate or a National Insurance Card can be provided.
- Proof of business address. This means a recent council tax bill or utility bill.
- Evidence of membership, accreditation, registration or listing with a recognised hospitality or tourism agency, representative body or marketing organisation; national or local. For example, e-copy of quality assurance certification or a link to your online listing with local or national tourism board. At the discretion of the Local Authority, B&B listings on online and digital marketing platforms and community websites can be accepted.
- Personal cash-flow statement to the period end September 2020 demonstrating hardship from loss of business income (300 words or less). Your personal statement of financial hardship should include the following:
- a forward look covering the period end March 2020 to end September 2020 (6 months)
- a projected loss of sales/revenue from business activity over the coming summer season
- confirmation the business income amounts to at least 35% of your individual income
You do not need to provide a cash flow forecast spreadsheet
- Trading Accounts for 2018/2019. Your accounts, including turnover, for the business for the financial year 2018/19.
- Registration. You must provide ONE of the followingregistration numbers.
- Your Company Registration Number - provided by Companies House (CRN), Charities Commission, Mutuals, Public Register and other statutory and regulatory bodies that you must file accounts and annual membership details with; OR
- Your VAT Registration Number and a letter or electronic communication evidencing this number; OR
- Your Unique Tax Reference Number - your HMRC Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference or HMRC Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference, as appropriate for your entity. You will also be required to upload a letter or electronic communication evidencing this number
- Bank statements. 3 months of personal or joint personal, or business bank statements evidencing business revenue and expenditure during the financial year 2019/2020
- Evidence of active trading. You must provide evidence for any ONE of the following:
- Evidence of trading, for example, a supplier or trade account (active) or other evidence of recent business activity to support your claim (eg correspondence with customers or suppliers)
- Valid business insurance in the trading name of the business or name of the applicant (eg insurance certificate)
- Marketing materials for your business (eg link to business website or link to active business social media
Please note When uploading these documents with your application, the maximum file size for each document is 4mb. If your files are more than 4mb in size, you will not be able to attach them to your application, and you won't be able to submit your application successfully. If your scanned images, documents or photos are larger than 4mb, there are many tools and apps available for free that allow you to resize images, and photos can be converted into PDF documents for free using Adobe Acrobat Reader or other online tools.
After you have successfully submitted your application form to us for you should receive an email confirming that your application has been received. If you have not heard from us please check your email junk or spam folders, and check that your email inbox is not full. Please do not contact us regarding progress with your application unless you have been waiting more than 10 working days. Our normal working days are Monday to Friday.
The Council will strive to meet the target of processing all fully completed applications within 10 working days from receipt of a fully completed application. If your application is successful you will be notified by email and a BACS payment should reach your bank account within 5 working days.
For further information about applying for this grant, please refer to these Frequently Asked Questions before making your application
If you still have questions please contact the Council’s Coronavirus Caring for People Helpline Service on 01546 605524 and select option 2 (Business support and advice) followed by option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org