The 2017 Recognition Awards are an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of teams and individuals during the business year 2016/17.
The goals of the Recognition Awards are to:
* Recognise the tremendous efforts and skills of our employees.
* Highlight examples of quality, innovation and success.
* Promote the Council’s aims and values and how these are turned into measurable achievements.
* Help us improve our overall performance by promoting and sharing best practice across our services.
Recognition Awards Categories
There are five Recognition Award categories for 2017 and these are detailed below, with a brief description of the broad elements being looked for within each category.
Employee of the Year
Nominations will be accepted for employees who have provided an outstanding contribution through their role and added value to the Council through their achievements. Recognition will be given for not only what was achieved, but also the way in which the individual behaved and how this benefited and made a difference to colleagues and/or customers. The nomination will demonstrate how the endeavours of the nominee(s) have led to a significant accomplishment which warrants recognition, and is aligned to the Council’s values and competencies. This could be in terms of:
- Working tirelessly to create and maintain positive working relationships with partners and/or colleagues;
- Proactively looking for new ways of working and taking forward change that helps the Council become more effective ;
- An outstanding contribution to improving performance and innovation in their own work area;
- Consistent delivery of excellent support to their service, colleagues, and customers;
- ·Focusing energy on making a positive difference.
Excellent Customer Service
This award will give recognition to an employee who has shown commitment to providing high levels of customer service. The nomination will demonstrate how the endeavours of the nominee(s) have led to a significant accomplishment which warrants recognition and is aligned to the Council’s values and competencies. This may be through:
- Going the extra mile for customers or service users (internal or external);
- Making changes in processes and procedures that directly improve service for their customers;
- Consistently delivering high quality customer service.
Learner of the Year
Studying is not just about acquiring relevant knowledge, successful students apply what they have learned to bring about real benefits to the business and its people. We’re looking for an exceptional individual who has recently completed a recognised qualification linked to their Performance Review and Development meeting. Successful nominations will demonstrate how their studies have enabled them to initiate and implement business improvements and show commitment to the Council’s values and competencies.
This award will give recognition to an individual or team for outstanding contributions and a sustained commitment to excellence in public services. The nomination will demonstrate how the endeavours of the nominee(s) have led to a significant accomplishment which warrants recognition and is aligned to the Council’s values and competencies. This could be in terms of:
- A sustained commitment to modernising service delivery and enhancing the local community;
- Building the image of the Council;
- Creative problem solving and showing positive initiative;
- Successfully overcoming obstacles, barriers, and difficulties personally and/or in the workplace to achieve and exceed expectations;
- Contribution and involvement in the broader community;
- An outstanding contribution to improving performance and innovation in their area of work.
Team of the Year
Nominations will be accepted for teams that have been outstanding in uplifting the profile of Council services, and demonstrating the ability to deliver clear benefits to their service and customers through working together effectively and efficiently. In particular the nomination should demonstrate the principles and ways of working which underpin the whole team’s success. The nomination will demonstrate how the endeavours of the nominee(s) have led to a significant accomplishment which warrants recognition and is aligned to the Council’s values and competencies. This could be in terms of:
- How the team has demonstrated their ability to deliver clear benefits to services users and/or staff by working together effectively and efficiently;
- Projects the team has successfully managed which demonstrate excellence in quality, innovation, productivity and prevention;
- How the team has worked together well to achieve successful outcomes;
- Where the team has a track record of providing excellent service to customers;
- The team is creative in seeking ways to provide or improve services that may increase efficiency and/or decrease costs.
Who can enter?
Recognition awards apply to all employees and nominations can be made by residents, partner organisations, employees, elected members, and trade union representatives. It is not possible to nominate a close friend, partner or family member due to conflict of interest.
How to apply
Application forms are available here on the website or directly from the HR and OD team, by calling 01369 708507. Electronic copies can be downloaded and completed entries should be emailed to email@example.com.
The nomination must relate to initiatives or service delivery carried out in the financial year 2016/17. Those entries that can show results and evidence of positive outcomes will score higher.
Please make sure that you have the right application/nomination form for your category.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28th September 2017.
To ensure fairness and objectivity in the selection process all applications will be assessed by impartial and independent judging panels with a wide range of experience and expertise. Initial assessment will take place in August where the long leet of five entries in each category to be considered for a top award will be chosen.
The short leet will take place in September 2017 and the winner will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on 23 November 2017.
There will also be a “Chief Executive’s Award” chosen by the Chief Executive to an individual or team who has made a significant or outstanding contribution during the course of the year.
The winner of the Recognition awards will receive a trophy.
All enquiries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org