Scottish Government published revised Statutory Guidance for the Standards in Scotland’s School etc. Act 2000 in March 2017, bringing new statutory duties for Local Authority’s into force. In response to these new duties all Local Authorities are required to produce an Annual Education Plan. The Argyll and Bute Annual Education Plan draws together a range of information of the work of the Education Service and replaces the Authority Standards and Quality Report. The plan also details the changes required for continued improvements and success of children and young people within the Education Service in Argyll and Bute. The plan is ambitious and promotes the importance that Argyll and Bute Council places on the delivery of Education. The key drivers for improvements within the Education Service are the six key objectives from our Vision and Strategy Document Our Children, Their Future:
- Raise educational attainment and achievement for all;
- Use performance information to secure improvement for children and young people;
- Ensure children have the best start in life and are ready to succeed;
- Equip young people to sustain positive destinations and achieve success in life;
- Strengthen partnership working and community engagement, and
- Strengthen leadership at all levels.
The key objectives are core to our ambition of raising attainment and achievement.
This plan will be a core document for all involved in Education in Argyll and Bute as we move forward in session 2017/18. The plan was approved at the Community Service Committee on 15th August 2017.