If the incident/accident occurs outside the opening hours of the harbour please use this form to report this incident/accident to the Harbourmaster.
During working hours you should contact the relevant Harbourmaster by telephone or email.
This reporting process is applicable to both Leisure and Commercial users to ensure compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code.
Our Harbour byelaws state that, “The master/owner/operator of a vessel which –
- has been involved in a collision with any vessel or property, or has been sunk or grounded or become stranded within the port limits; or
- by reason of accident, fire, defect or otherwise is in such condition as to affect its safe navigation or to give rise to danger to other vessels or property; or
- in any manner gives rise to an obstruction to a fairway;
- has discharged any pollutant or noxious substance; or
- has jettisoned or lost any object which potentially obstructs the fairway; or
- has experienced a “near miss” which could have resulted in any of the incidents in (a) to (e) above or any other incident with potentially serious consequences
shall as soon as reasonably practicable report the occurrence to the harbour master (and as soon as practicable thereafter) provide the harbour master with full details in writing and where the damage to the vessel is such as to affect or likely to affect its seaworthiness the master shall not move the vessel except to clear the fairway or to moor or anchor in safety, otherwise than with the permission and in accordance with the directions of the harbour master.”