Fish landing dues
|Vessels regularly engaged in commercial fishing and paying appropriate fish landing dues to Council.||Per Vist - up to 24 Hours||Weekly||Annual Charge|
|Up to 10m in length||1.95||9.70||252.85|
|Up to 15m in length||2.80||14.60||379.30|
|Up to 20m in length||3.85||19.40||504.30|
|Up to 25m in length||4.75||24.35||633.55|
|Up to 30m in length||5.70||29.05||755.75|
|Over 30m in length - charge per metre||0.03|
|Rates for Goods Shipped, Transhipped or Unshipped at the Pier or Ferry Slip or within the Harbour||2013/14 NET||VAT||2013/14 GROSS|
|General Goods Packaged (per tonne)|
|Includes Fruit, Beverages, Meat, Dairy Products, General Groceries and Confectionery, Cured Fish, etc.||1.65||0.00||1.65|
|Dry Bulk Commodities (per tonne)|
|Ores, Aggregates and Crushed Stone, Cement and Building Materials, Timber (including Logs), Salt, etc.||1.40||0.00||1.40|
|Liquid and Gaseous Bulk Products (per tonne)||1.80||0.00||1.80|
|Liquid and Gaseous Bulk Products (per tonne) - Bruichladdich only||6.30||0.00||6.30|
|Explosives (per tonne)||64.00||0.00||64.00|
|Poultry (per bird)||0.30||0.00||0.30|
|Animals (per animal)||0.50||0.00||0.50|
|Smolt (per thousand)||3.65||0.00||3.65|
|Fish, including Shellfish|
|Fresh, all varieties and also fish consigned for sale at other markets - percentage of catch||2.50%|
1. The category and rate under which a vessel is to be charged must be paid at the time of the berthing or on invoicing as appropriate.
2. All vessels are liable for dues at the Basic Rate. Only those, which are actively engaged in the relevant activity, are eligible for Category 2,3 or 4.
3. All vessels actively engaged in commercial undertaking, these would be subject to minimum payment by length as for unregistered vessels.
4. At Rothesay and Campbeltown Pontoon are not managed by Argyll and Bute and are subject to their own charges.
5. The above rates and dues include for Port Waste Facilities to the level required by local and leisure craft. Any requirements for additional waste facilities or specialised waste disposal, in terms of the Merchant Shipping & Fishing Vessels (Port Waste Reception Facilities) Regulations 2003, must be made to the Service Director at least 24 hours in advance. This cost shall be paid prior to the provision of the service
6. Concession rates for unlimited use will be available only for vessels “regularly sailing”. Additional dues will be required for vessels, which have made payment for unlimited use but are not “regularly sailing”. A vessel will be deemed to be “regularly sailing” if it leaves the installation for a continuous period of not less than 6 hours between 0600 hours and 2000 hours in any one day for more than 14 days.
7. Periods are:
- Summer period April to September inclusive, or part thereof
- Winter period October to March inclusive, or part thereof
8. All concession Rates for unlimited use must be paid for in advance of the period for which they cover. Failure to do so will result in full rates being applied.
9. VAT Zero Rating only applies where the vessels are 'qualifying ships'. A "qualifying ship" is legally defined as any ship of a gross tonnage of not less than 15 tonnes and neither designed nor adapted for use for recreation or pleasure.
All Yachts should be charged VAT
Cruise ships are Zero Rated provided they are 15 tonnes or over; unsuitable for private use; and are supplied for use in the business of providing recreational or pleasure cruises for fare paying passengers