You can also keep up to date with the latest information about school, office and road closures by:
- Phoning our 24/7 Service disruption line on 01546 604040
- Following us on twitter.
- Visit our facebook page
- Visiting Traffic Scotland, BBC Travel news and the Met Office
- Reading the daily weather forecast and winter road gritting plans
(originally posted: Mon, 15/09/2014 - 11:04)
East Argyll Mobile is off the road today due to unforeseen circumstances. It will be back in service again tomorrow.
(originally posted: Fri, 29/08/2014 - 10:23)
The Victoria Hall in Campbeltown will be closed for essential maintenance from 10th November to 19th December. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
(originally posted: Mon, 15/09/2014 - 16:43)
There have been some disruptions to paper and card recycling (blue wheelie bin) collections in Ardrishaig today (Monday 15th September) and some bins have not been emptied. The areas affected are:
Mid Argyll route 4 Monday
- Tarbert Road, Ardrishaig
- Chalmers Street, Ardrishaig
- Glenburn Road, Ardrishaig
We will collect the missed areas tomorrow (16th September) so please leave your bin out for collection.
(originally posted: Tue, 09/09/2014 - 14:19)
There will be no paper and card recycling (blue wheelie bin) collections today (Tuesday 9th September) in the Dunoon area. The next collection date for missed bins will be the next scheduled date, which is Tuesday 23rd September. The areas affected are:
Wellington Street, Kilbride Road and Avenue, Edward Street, Cromwell Street, Mary Street, Auchamore Road, William Street, Royal crescent, John Street, Hanover Street, Gordon Street, Nelson Street, Broomfield Drive, Glenmorag Cres, Hill Street, Cromwell Street, Hillfoot Street, Jane Street, Crochan road, Belmont Lane
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
(originally posted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 10:02)
There will be no paper and card recycling collections (blue wheelie bin) in the Cowal area on Thursday 4th or Friday 5th September. The next collection date for bins that are missed on these days will be the next scheduled date - 18th or 19th September.
The areas affected are:
- Thursday – Kirn, Hunters Quay and Sandbank
- Friday – Ardentinny, Kilmun, Blairmore, Whistlefield to Benmore, Benmore Adventure Centre, Dunoon Swimming Pool and Argyll House, Dunoon.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
You can get updates on ferry sailings on individual ferry operator websites
(originally posted: Tue, 19/08/2014 - 11:40)
We are currently having technical problems with our online planning and building standards system, and you may not be able to view applications or associated documents. If you can't access information you are looking for, our staff will be happy to help:
- For applications in Mid Argyll, Kintyre and Islay, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applications in Oban, Lorn and the Isles, contact email@example.com
- For applications in Bute and Cowal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applications in Helensburgh and Lomond, contact email@example.com
- If you don't have an application number yet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes, and hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.